go away spammer

Author Topic: 35k motor  (Read 2103 times)

Offline [email protected]Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
35k motor
« on: February 19, 2013, 10:12:19 AM »
hii ,
i need to control 35k brushed motors  i have heard that they require a lot hell of current ....
which batteries would you guys recommend  and i need to control 3 motors at a time
should i power them individually or 1 battery should power the 3 at a time????

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
Re: 35k motor
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 10:25:49 AM »
Hi

I have no idea what 35k motor is, hence posting a datasheet would help a lot :)
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 05:24:22 AM »
sorry,
the problem is there is no datasheet ....
It is a motor with rpm of 35,000
so it spins really fast....
it requires 8-12v and probably around 8-10 amps.....

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 06:23:02 AM »
Without datasheet no one can tell what batteries You should use. You'll have to measure current draw - that's the only way. Measure it when motor is stalled (be fast, You don't want to burn it) and when free-running. Also, if You don't know voltage of the motor be careful not to over-voltage it, start with small voltage and track temperature, while free-running it should not get hotter than around 40°.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 06:31:16 AM »
thnxx for your reply,
but which types of batteries are cheap and best for high current applications....

Offline olivthill

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 09:11:06 AM »
Voltage? Ampere? Weight? DC/AC? Time without a reload?

LiPo batteries are quite popular. I like them.
LiPo means lithium-ion polymer. They are light compared to others and can deliver 1 to 10 amperes which is quite good.
The drawbacks are they need a special charger and they can burn.

NiMh (nickel–metal hydride battery) is the second option.
They are heavier, but they are a little safer.

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 09:13:58 AM »
Probably cheapest batteries You can get are SLA type. They can take fair amount of abuse as well and then be recovered by well built charger. The biggest downside I see is that they are very big and very heavy (compared to other common types of batteries).

Offline jwatte

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 82
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 12:39:22 PM »
Cheap, heavy, safe: Sealed Lead Acid (SLA)
Lightweight, some safety problems (see recent groundings of Boeing Dreamliners): Lithium Polymer (LiPo)
Medium cost, medium weight, safe: Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH)
Lightweight, very few safety problems, more expensive: Lithium Ferrous Phosphate (LiFePO4)

I use LiPo for my small, walking robot, and LiFePO4 for my larger, rolling robot.
Here's an example of a reasinabke LiPo battery for a 12V motor driven robot: http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-25c-5500-3s1p.html If your motor draws 10 amps when running, this battery will give you about half an hour of runtime. If you need more runtime, add more batteries in parallel.
Make sure you have a charger that can charge a LiPo battery correctly.

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 12:23:58 AM »
Link not working,
could you tell me the battery specifications...?  :)

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 12:58:14 AM »
Link not working,
At least for me  link is working fine :)

could you tell me the battery specifications...?
You did not provide us with any motor specs, so how can we provide You with battery specs? They are related. If You want You motors to simply run, then get any matching voltage battery. If You want motors to run for specific amount of time, You need to know how much current motor is using under specific load conditions.

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 01:17:06 AM »
i am talking about the battery specs which jwatte has provided as link is not working.....

Link not working,
At least for me  link is working fine :)

could you tell me the battery specifications...?
You did not provide us with any motor specs, so how can we provide You with battery specs? They are related. If You want You motors to simply run, then get any matching voltage battery. If You want motors to run for specific amount of time, You need to know how much current motor is using under specific load conditions.

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 01:27:56 AM »
Here You go :)

GENS ACE 5500mah 3S1P 11.1V 25C Lipo battery pack

Quote from: hobbypartz.com
Capacity: 5500MAH
Voltage: 11.1V
Size: 191.05* 45.02 * 24.83mm (L * W * H)
Weight: 468g
Discharge rate: 25C Continuous, 50C Burst
Charge rate: 5C charging acceptable
Plug: Banana 4.0
Application : Acepow Gens ace 5500mah 22.2V (6S1P) 25C high discharge rate, able to be charged by 5C! Suitable for Graupner HYDRO DRAGSTAR racing boat model.
Gens Ace is one of the top rank battery corporations with deep research and manufacturing on NIMH, LI-PO, LI-FE by the effort of 200 professional engineers and technicians with 20 years exquisite battery technology. The Gens Ace brand holds the traditional concept of "excellent quality", "Optimization"& "Priority" on Sales & Services. All batteries are tailored for various scales of the RC Models such as electronic cars, nitro cars, aero planes, vessels and also other models, toys, electric tools, electric bikes, electric autos, digital products etc.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list