General Misc > Misc

neuron controlled robot

(1/3) > >>

sharbotic:
i am working on a neuron-to-silicon interface robot.  check it out and let me know what you think.
http://ksharber.googlepages.com

kenny

Admin:
so ummmm . . . where ya gettin the neurons from?

(dont forget to post pics of it when you get the neuron stuff working!)

Tsukubadaisei:
Interesting, my research theme is "the opposite" of yours. Instead of putting living neurons inside a machine, I put a machine inside a bunch of living neurons. I research neuron emulation. The main application, for now, is to substitute dead neurons(because most of the neurons can't regenerate) in living organisms. Latter we might use this for animats or even computers(for advanced AI). This is everything I am allowed to say, for now.
Man, I think you shouldn't open your research for the public like that. We never know, someone may steal it before you actually publish a serious paper.

--- Quote from: Admin on June 11, 2007, 07:55:56 PM ---so ummmm . . . where ya gettin the neurons from?

(dont forget to post pics of it when you get the neuron stuff working!)

--- End quote ---

We get it from a rat fetal spinal. (A senior of mine has access for monkey fetal spinals)
Fetal stages are the best because the neurons are not specialized yet, so you are able to induce to grow in any way you want.(that is why human fetus are so valuable(fetal human neural stem cells (hNSCs)))
If you want to know how to get those fetus then it depends on the place I think. In my case, we produce our own.

sharbotic:
fetal house mouse.

it truely isnt opening up..  it is all a given.  the NEURALLY CONTROLLED ANIMAT paper by Delmarse  clearly defines how to go about interfacing to silicon. google it.  i think that when people keep things super secret just incase they might make a buck, it hinders the process.  if i throw this out there, perhaps somebody will take it to the next level, and they will throw it out there, and it goes on and on.  i am all about Free Information.  i work 50 hours a week repairing electronics for the military, so i dont plan on this being my ticket to fame and fortune.  i am bideing my time until veterinary school. 

i am currently reading Single Neuron Computation edited by THomas McKenna, Joel Davis, an Steven Zornetzer.  i highly recommend it for anyone intrested in neuron simulation.  i picked it up on amazon for 30 dollars, i think.

anyway,
kenny

Admin:
I agree with sharbotic.

To 'invent' something, and to make it marketable, are two very different things. The latter is much much harder and requires tons more work.

To be honest, the inventing part is just so much more fun. :D

Plus, the completed neuron robot could make a good resume addition for his next job - making him an indirect profit :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version