Author Topic: Robot OFFLINE WEBCAM CUP - The free Internet based competition  (Read 4977 times)

Offline SMTTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Robot OFFLINE WEBCAM CUP - The free Internet based competition
« on: February 03, 2009, 01:54:55 AM »
Dear robotics designers,

The society of Russian robotics designers started "The Robot OFFLINE WEBCAM CUP" - the free Internet based competition on our society site Roboforum.ru

This competition is unique possibility to try out your own ability in robotics design and to share your achievements with others without serious expenses for trip in a place where competition is situated and without need for waiting the next round of these competitions.

All interested in design robots are invited! (No charges required)

Here http://www.roboforum.ru/wiki/OFFLINE-contest you can find details about this continuous event and also look at our first competitors (see picture below)

« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 09:59:06 AM by SMT »

Offline SMTTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: Robot OFFLINE WEBCAM CUP - The free Internet based competition
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 01:28:04 AM »
Our OFFLINE competition is going on. I rebuilt my robot LegoMinibot and decreased his weight in a half, made a new motor-gears from the $3 toy-car, $0,5 motor and IR-sensors from an old computer mouse used as wheel encoders.
The speed of this robot increased twice as much.
My previous result was 27 seconds and now it's only 14 seconds! Not bad but pretty far from our current champion :)
We have also a new competitor who built his robot based on the toy tank chassis and the same robot board as my robot (it's a Minibot robot board powered by AVR Atmega MCU). This newcomer showed the result 17 seconds as at once!
Now I'm working on PID control algorithm to break the record - our champion (very experienced designer of robots) helps us by his useful advice. Not only me who eager to beat his record by PID-algorithm but the second champion is forking out too, so I have to work hard :)
It's really amazing!

Offline SMTTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 12:50:05 AM »
Now we have two more competitors!

The first one made his robot based on the toy tank chassis. It was amaizing how fast it could run our trace!
[youtube]KpgG47Z0IzA[/youtube]
It is controlled by Minibot-V2 robotics board with ATmega32
http://roboforum.ru/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5350

The second one was made on the Monster track toy car. 4WD - not best choise to run fast but it did! The only 22 seconds - very good result for his first run!
[youtube]GYx2BDHh-AM[/youtube]
The robot is built by VIRUS_V8 - roboforum.ru  Робот построен VIRUS_V8[/url]
It is controlled by ATmega64. http://roboforum.ru/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5616

« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 01:27:25 PM by SMT »

Offline SMTTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 02:36:50 PM »
We have a competitor VIRUS_V8 who has improved his own robot RBT-2008 linefollowing running to 12 seconds! And has broken my 14 sec record  :( ;)
He also has broken my 40 seconds record in the Kegelring term with his 22 seconds!  :D (to say the truth I was the only competitor in this term)

Linefollowing
[youtube]FUwsjN5e7XY[/youtube]

Kegelring
[youtube]1CRISCaClSk[/youtube]
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 01:28:37 PM by SMT »

Offline SMTTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 02:38:21 PM »
doublicated my own previous post - sorry - do not know how to delete it  :(
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 02:43:47 PM by SMT »

Offline SMTTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 03:33:56 PM »
During the year since I've written my last message a number of new contestants were joined to our robotics competion :)
( take a look at http://roboforum.ru/wiki/OFFLINE-contest )
Two weeks ago the first season with real prises finished. E.g. the sport discipline KegelRing got a World wide reacord - less then 4 seconds!!! (my first contest's record was 40 seconds)

Get Your Ad Here