Author Topic: Robotics Clubs In Ontario Canada  (Read 4649 times)

Offline sean22Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
    • MMRambotics
Robotics Clubs In Ontario Canada
« on: March 07, 2009, 08:52:15 PM »
Does anyone know of a robotics club in Burlington Ontario Canada or near by. i cant seem to find one im already doing first robotics and skills Canada robotics but im thinking smaller robots like the 50$ doller robot.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 08:56:02 PM by sean22 »
First Robotics - 2009
Canada Skills Robotics - 2009

Offline Ro-Bot-X

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 25
  • Store: RoBotXDesigns.ca
    • Ro-Bot-X Designs
Re: Robotics Clubs In Ontario Canada
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 07:44:39 AM »
Hi Sean,

Although not a robotic club per say, there is Bug'n'Bots in Brampton ON, that have a buildfest monthly meeting, I believe it's the second saturday of the month. People are gathering there to talk about their robots and actually build something while they are there. I used to go there, but my wife now works on saturdays and I have to babysit.

On the other hand, I miss having a robotic club that is more active, meaning have some challenges avery other month or every 3 months, like we had at Lego Robotics Group of Ann Arbor. True, Lego is perfect for doing quick challenges and regular robots are harder to build. But using Lego makes people use their imagination and develops good practical skills and most importantly gives the ability to build robots otherwise no one would build. I mean, how many of you serious robot builders have built a regular robot able to start in the middle of a table, go and cross a 1 foot gap between 2 tables and grab a flag from the other table and bring it to the starting point leaving no part of it behind? And so on...

There is an old Lego group in Toronto, but they have laid down a lot cause they are parents now, like myself, it's called RTL Toronto, and I think they still have a challenge or two per year.

Now, if I could find a few people interested in such challenges, we could gather at Bug'n'Bots every month and talk about and organise something, it could be lots of fun!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 07:53:26 AM by Ro-Bot-X »
Check out the uBotino robot controller!

Offline sean22Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
    • MMRambotics
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 09:49:23 AM »
I also found this  http://robotgames.ca/games/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=61&Itemid=69 its a small robotics competition every year in toronto and there line following and firefighting
First Robotics - 2009
Canada Skills Robotics - 2009

Offline Ro-Bot-X

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 25
  • Store: RoBotXDesigns.ca
    • Ro-Bot-X Designs
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 06:53:02 AM »
Sure, it's organised by Bug'n'Bots every fall. That's about all it is about competitions around Toronto. Of course, there is FIRST competitions and FIRST Lego League, but there is no other competitions for hobbysts.
Check out the uBotino robot controller!

Offline DC-Electronics

• Helpful? 1
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 12:57:43 PM »
I am also located in Ontario if you need some cheap motors :)
Motors and Electronics at a great price :)
Had to close my ebay store due to ebay shenanigans :(

Get Your Ad Here