Mechanics and Construction > Mechanics and Construction

General Help

<< < (2/3) > >>

SciOlyStudent:
To answer some of your questions, for the most part the parts do not confuse me, its the connection process.  I think a big part is not understanding the reason behind the certain parts too, because I am just like that (hard for me to learn without having a reason as to why it works like that).  And to the admin, I do not really know what I need in this robot and I want a "cheapish" robot but at the same time I DEFINITELY do not trust myself to make the parts.  I guess to rephrase the question here, how do I link my robot to my remote control and be able to make it go straight, and if you could please explain why certain things are needed because if I can understand the workings of this then it will be much easier for me to carry out the other parts of my robot (mainly an arm to grab objects).  Also, is there anyway to control this without using a micro controller and programming?

Admin:
This remote control tutorial might answer a few of your questions:
http://www.societyofrobots.com/remote_control_robot.shtml
(no microcontroller interfacing required)

And this is a good read to understand how to build a robot step by step:
http://www.societyofrobots.com/step_by_step_robot.shtml

Robotboy86:
also we call admin "Mr. god sir lord master king of all"

That probably wasn't in the 50$ robot tut..

Admin:
lol . . . but I ask for help in my own forum as much as you guys do :P

SciOlyStudent:
Yes, I have taken a look at those tutorials, and if I was just starting my robot career for a hobby, then they would be great, but I need to build a different type of robot.  In essence, I'm trying to "skip" the beginner stage by trying to understand what makes the robot work, not just how to put it together... sorry if I'm being vague.  What I really need to know is how to make an RC robot that I can move around.  If I follow the tutorial on making an RC robot, how do I know what on the controller does what, for instance.  WHAT makes it possible for the remote control to drive the robot?  I'm looking for understanding, not just a list of parts and an instruction manual.  Maybe hard to understand, but could you please explain Mr. god sir lord master king of all?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version