go away spammer

Author Topic: Aerial reconnaissance / surveillance robot  (Read 2335 times)

Offline diddyTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Aerial reconnaissance / surveillance robot
« on: December 17, 2008, 03:59:30 AM »
Hey guys!

I need to make a masterplan for a robot which will be a aerial surveillance robot. I want him to take photos and videos from a high distance - First I thought about "normal" cameras, but than I Googled for aerial companies and found a company which makes aerial reconnaissance and surveillance solutions for the IDF (Israeli army) and police.

How can I make integration between their cameras and solutions and a "normal" moving robot?

Offline HyperNerd

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 5
  • N3rd1n80r
Re: Aerial reconnaissance / surveillance robot
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 12:16:42 PM »
Hi Diddy,

Could you try to expand your idea more! :)

How big are you hoping the robot to be, what kind of control system are you going to use (remote control or autonomous) etc.

Also, I could only see film cameras on the website you suggested, if you are going to take video, you will need a different camera, probably a digital camera. Also, the camera i saw weighed in at 3.5kg, so the robot with the camera would have to be quite large if it was going to fly.

I could be getting confused about the whole thing though  :-\

-HyperNerd
There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Offline diddyTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: Aerial reconnaissance / surveillance robot
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 07:24:11 AM »
Hi Diddy,

Could you try to expand your idea more! :)

How big are you hoping the robot to be, what kind of control system are you going to use (remote control or autonomous) etc.

Also, I could only see film cameras on the website you suggested, if you are going to take video, you will need a different camera, probably a digital camera. Also, the camera i saw weighed in at 3.5kg, so the robot with the camera would have to be quite large if it was going to fly.

I could be getting confused about the whole thing though  :-\

-HyperNerd

I will try to expand my idea more, but I will first make some more work..

Thanks  ;)

Get Your Ad Here