Mechanics and Construction > Mechanics and Construction

Making an RC Mower -- need advice

<< < (2/3) > >>

nanob0t:
Okay, I just assumed you had a link.  Hmmm, after intense searching I found it!  Hmmm, it looks like a high-quality motor.  It better be high quality considering you're paying 580$ for it.  They also seem to be discontinued.  I don't know if I'm looking at the same site as you.  I have no doubt that these motors will be sufficient for you.  They are looking to carry a load of ~200lbs from a person sitting on top and sustain a decent speed.  You play with them and increase the velocity of them if you want due to the fact that they don't have to lug around a body.

That reciever seems plausable too.  It would be simple to interface it with the motors on your robot.  Well I found an article that if you live in California and you purchase one and are unsatisfied, you can refund it because of some crap.  Completely irrelevant.  If you buy it at the site you can get it $10 cheaper, probably still irrelevant. 

It is made for robot applications, so I see no reason why it would be bad.  You do have a fuel engine on the robot, which might cause some issues with possible circuitry.  I couldn't find any data sheets on either of the equipment, so I don't know what to say.  It has a kill switch, so if it randomly decides it wants to kill your neighbor's dog, you can stop it.  Always a good thing. 

Amperage might be a problem.  If anything, it might be worth it to get a motor controller that can handle it.  Then you input stuff into the reciever, which just pulses to the motor to move, whatever.  The motor controller will be capable of handeling the amperage too.  I have a very large robot that runs on two lawn mower batteries that I'm working on for a company and this is what it uses. 

bbsux:
I wonder if I can run the motors at 12 volts instead of 24?  That would cut the Speed problem down some.

BTW I am getting the whole chair FREE.  The best thing....!!! LOL

I intended on isolating the electronics inside a waterproof box to minimize the sparking/fuel hazards...

nanob0t:
Oh.  Getting a free wheelchair is always nice  ;D   I guess that eliminates everything I was rambling on about.  That's a bunch of money saved.

You can probably get the specs of the motor when you get it.  It may have it on the motor.

The electronics are fine.  A waterproof box would be good, just don't let the heat collect up within the box.  Heat + Electronics = Bad  :P

I take it since the motor came from a wheelchair it has the electronics to control within the motor?  I don't know...  It's late.  Gotta sleep.  I had too much fun building my robot today  :D

sotu:

--- Quote from: bbsux on April 14, 2007, 07:42:58 PM ---I wonder if I can run the motors at 12 volts instead of 24?  That would cut the Speed problem down some.

BTW I am getting the whole chair FREE.  The best thing....!!! LOL

I intended on isolating the electronics inside a waterproof box to minimize the sparking/fuel hazards...

--- End quote ---

24 to 12? Wow woulden't that change the speed extremly!?

ed1380:
lowering the volts makes the motors weaker
using pwm keeps the torque the same but you can control speed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version