go away spammer

Author Topic: Electronic components  (Read 2046 times)

Offline 4075aaronTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Electronic components
« on: March 28, 2014, 09:53:44 PM »
Where is the best source of buying electronic components (diodes, resistors, capacitors, ect) on line?  I don't want to buy everything from ebay and pay separate shipping for each purchase...

Offline jwatte

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 82
Re: Electronic components
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 11:45:16 PM »
I keep a shopping cart at Digi-Key. (digikey.com)
Then, every once in a while, I press "check out" and pay the approximately 5-6 dollars of USPS Priority Mail shipping.
Also, I make sure to buy at least 10 of anything cheap-ish (capacitors, switches, etc), and at least 3 of anything big, so that I have spares if they die, and don't have to re-pay shipping for the next project.
For LEDs and resistors and loose transistors, I buy a pack of 50 or 100, and it lasts a while.

Offline vipul1994

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 02:32:24 AM »
Where is the best source of buying electronic components (diodes, resistors, capacitors, ect) on line?  I don't want to buy everything from ebay and pay separate shipping for each purchase...

Try this -->>http://www.nex-robotics.com/

Offline Gertlex

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 24
  • Nuclear Engineer ยท Roboticist
    • Index of Oddities
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 09:03:24 AM »
Digikey is good if you know what you want. Mouser is similar. The better price varies between the two.

For resistors/capacitors, I'm a fan of the Joe Knows kits on Amazon... a wide range of values, pre-bagged. Then you can buy extra of commonly used components and stick them in the corresponding bags. (I don't do nearly as much stuff as JWatte does, so he probably wouldn't do it this way ;) )

I've made use of ebay, too... when I really need just one thing (e.g. I needed some 16 MHz crystals a few months back)
I

Offline venturemfg

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 04:23:25 AM »
On ebay you find sources that offer free shipping. For me the best way is to buy direct from those manufacturer's website  that are not very big players and ask for free shipping. They also agreed on that (most of times) if I am buying a good amount of products from them.

Get Your Ad Here