Author Topic: have you used Nachi 8600-A  (Read 2227 times)

Offline yssa22Topic starter

• Helpful? 1
have you used Nachi 8600-A
« on: March 29, 2015, 06:28:42 PM »
Guys any familiar with this spot welding robot.. encountering some problems here.. help please, anyone??

Offline mklrobo

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
  • From Dream to Design at the speed of Imagination!
Re: have you used Nachi 8600-A
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 05:06:13 AM »
 :) Hello!
I tried to google the device, but only found vauge descriptions.
Could you provide more info?
Questions: low amperage on weld? Intermittant operation?
Keep me posted...... ;)

• Helpful? 1
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 07:52:35 PM »
@mklboro
hi there,
thank you so much for the reply
 Nachi 8600-A is a spot welding from Nachi-Fujitsu Company.. It has teach control, the type is AM.. it is an 1988 model kind of robot and my boss had this kind of robot about last 2007 and it work for about 2 to 3 years and then this year he wanted to me to run it again. It has new power supply which we purchased, and when we turn on the panels it had errors in the system error such as Error 3: in IC Memories, Error 22: encoder LED is wrong and Error 155: This robot(or controller) type number is not registerd.  :-[ please i really need help..

Offline mklrobo

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 05:15:08 AM »
Hello!
Will try to help, if I can.
Your description;
Error 3: in IC Memories, Error 22: encoder LED is wrong and Error 155: This robot(or controller) type number is not registerd.
Back in the day, When I assembled computer boards by hand (Looong time ago!), when we did the
benchmark tests, as Error like the error 3   :-\ might pop up. Experience in those problems revealed
loose ICs' in the sockets, bad Ics', or (worse case   :'( ) traces that had been destroyed or improperly
made at the factory.  I would hazard a guess, that the other errors may be caused by the memory
problem; reason being, that if the computer (MCU) can not access memory, it might have problems
accessing devices.(such as the encoder). Depending on the schematic and programming, troubleshooting for
your model does not seem impossible, but will consume time/labor.
Troubleshooting the memory;
Each chip(for memory), if removeable, can be tested individually, or just replaced. Check out the sockets, if any, or
solder joints. Bad solder joints will have a ring aroung the soldered pin, and will not seem as shiny as
other pins. If they all seem that way, get some fish and chips, because it will be a job to resolder all the
pins.(shotgun effect) Bad solder joints can drop .5 volts,  :o which is enough to destroy a digital signal.  :'(
I would not recommend changing the ROM (if any) or MCU at this time. Those hardly ever fail.
I will try to dig up some more info if I can. Keep me posted..... ;D ;D ;D

Offline Billy

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 2
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 12:29:42 AM »
If I had to guess (which I do), I'd guess the battery that is used to maintain configuration data died.
At my previous company, the robot batteries would die and lobotomize the controller.

Replacing battery, then re-installing the configuration would be required. However, I never had to do that part so do not know what was required with our robots, much less yours.

Before you start pulling things apart, see if you can find a battery and check voltage on it. In our robots, the batteries were big enough that you might think there several C size batteries in them. They were not the size of a coin.

Offline mklrobo

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 04:51:27 AM »
 ;D Hello!
Billy has a good point. The memory battery is on your board, and
may even look like a capacitor. Sometimes the battery may leak,
in which you may find a greenish-brown residue on the battery.
Keep me posted...   ;D

• Helpful? 1
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 06:44:28 PM »
Thank you so much for such response, I really appreciate it a lot.  ;) ;)

I am not really familiar with it, but the battery used to be separated from the board when I started troubleshooting it. It had been removed already from the previous operator and I am so lost of the idea because the previous operator wouldn't help me.. Thus, if the battery is the only problem then we had already replaced it just the same battery it was before.

Thanks a lot!!

• Helpful? 1
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 11:39:36 PM »
In addition it uses Lithium Ion Battery

Get Your Ad Here