Author Topic: Arduino Quad walking robot  (Read 5111 times)

Offline hardmouseTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Arduino Quad walking robot
« on: January 10, 2011, 11:15:15 PM »
I like to build machine but my program skill sucks big time. Here is the 4 legs I have done so far.

Quadbot - [FROG] ~ complete

As you can see the walking program is not very well done. Actually hard coded badly.

Does anyone could suggest me any information about how to program such 4 leg walking machine in Arduino?

Much appreciated~

« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 11:19:39 PM by hardmouse »

Offline futurrobotech

• Helpful? 0
Re: Arduino Quad walking robot
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 11:41:41 PM »
possibly post your code.. and this seems to be more of a software problem ;D

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 11:56:16 PM »
It's vary embarrassing to post my code which is a big mass with little things here and there. ::)

And I am pretty sure I didn't code it properly. :P

However, here it is. http://hardmouse.com/robots/frog/SIMPLE_FROG_CONTROL.pde

Offline futurrobotech

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 01:54:56 AM »
Code: [Select]
char notes1[] = "cdefgab "; // a space represents a rest
int beats1[] = { 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 3};
int length1 = 7; // the number of notes
char notes2[] = "cdefgab "; // a space represents a rest
int beats2[] = { 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 3};
int length2 = 7; // the number of notes
char notes3[] = "ccccc "; // a space represents a rest
int beats3[] = { 1, 1, 1, 1, 1};
int length3 = 5; // the number of notes
char notes4[] = "fffff "; // a space represents a rest
int beats4[] = { 1, 1, 1, 1, 1};
int length4 = 5; // the number of notes
char notes5[] = "CCCCC "; // a space represents a rest
int beats5[] = { 1, 1, 1, 1, 1};
does the robot play music???

okay so.. digitalWrite should all be in the loop() function(i see you have them commented out). You did a good job of commenting the code I posted above somewhat.. but then you get into all the walking.. and stuff that looks like you're using the computer to control it?? And not really commented that well....  think you may need to find something with leg patterns for walking of a quad and implement it.. My 2 cents.. kind of new to robotics. have programmed quite a bit though

looking back at the code... it looks like when its walking you have two of the same functions in a row... possibly try to implement these into one?.. Also where did you get the base for this..

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 08:20:43 AM »
okay so.. digitalWrite should all be in the loop() function(i see you have them commented out). You did a good job of commenting the code I posted above somewhat.. but then you get into all the walking.. and stuff that looks like you're using the computer to control it?? And not really commented that well....  think you may need to find something with leg patterns for walking of a quad and implement it.. My 2 cents.. kind of new to robotics. have programmed quite a bit though

looking back at the code... it looks like when its walking you have two of the same functions in a row... possibly try to implement these into one?.. Also where did you get the base for this..

LOL, na, it doesn't really play that music. I just drop the code there. So far I use my computer to control it because it doesn't really walk very well. Like I said, the code is a big mass and comment is bad as my English ;D

The mech base from every where, Lynxmotion, Lego Tetrix, Dagu, eBay and the skin parts is totally hand made by cutting these aluminum sheet.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list