Author Topic: McUber Update Requests  (Read 2840 times)

Offline kl22Topic starter

• Helpful? 2
McUber Update Requests
« on: October 22, 2011, 11:19:52 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm going to start making version 2.0 of McUber, that will hopefully support arduino boards.

What I'm trying to find out is what everyone is looking for in the next release/fixes that are required. Please keep it in the same format that I've outlined below so that it is easier for me to parse through all the requests (in the case there are many).

Here is a list of updates I am thinking of including:
- Integrated terminal (first version maybe limited to ascii/char input and output hex/char output)
- Add Arduino to MCU list (pending approval from Arduino, and if they will make my life easier and send me the connection/sequence for uploading)

Thanks you to everyone that has used/is using McUber! Hopefully one day I can get almost all of the bootloader programmers into this one program.

Format for reply:

Bug/Fixes
- (include a detailed description of the problem and if you found a solutions please let me know)

Requests
- (include ANY functionality that you think may be beneficial/would like to see)
- (this can be out of the current scope of the project, since it will help me plan for future versions, ex. ISP programmer? new bootloader?)

Offline Webbot

• Expert Roboticist
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 111
    • Webbot stuff
Re: McUber Update Requests
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 05:30:33 PM »
Please PM me (the email link on your site appears dead).
New WebbotLib Studio is work-in-progress and so a java based plug-in loader would be good.
Webbot Home: http://webbot.org.uk/
WebbotLib online docs: http://webbot.org.uk/WebbotLibDocs
If your in the neighbourhood: http://www.hovinghamspa.co.uk

Offline kl22Topic starter

• Helpful? 2
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 05:55:56 PM »
Hi Webbot,
Yeah the email is temporarly down. We are in the process of migrating to google apps. Ill PM you my personal my email.

Offline norvin

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 05:14:18 PM »
Hello Webbot,
Just surfing the forum and found your post.
If I had any idea of what you are doing for the community it might help me, but I like everything else in my field of dreams I am learning as I go.
Yeah I'ma nube and lovin'  it.
Just one small request for your project is to see if maybe you could keep us nubes in mind when you put your programing together. I will be more than happy to use your knowledge even if you can't fit us in. The learning is at least half of the fun.
Thanks and take care,

Norvin Clark~

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 01:22:19 PM »
Did you ever finish the 2.0? I only see a beta on your site.

A few requests, actually . . .

1) A cancel button. If it doesn't connect for whatever reason, it freezes.
2) Remembers the last baud/COM and .hex folder settings used.
3) An update COM ports button.
4) Change 'Axon II' to 'Axon, Axon II, or Axon Mote'

side notes . . .
I couldn't get your software to bootload an Axon using bluetooth. As soon as I reset the Axon (using the reset pin, not a power reset), the bluetooth disconnects the serial connection (using bluesmirf by sparkfun). It's as if the bootloader is sending a serial command that tells the bluetooth to disconnect. Not sure if this is fixable, though.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list