Author Topic: simple question (capacitor?)  (Read 1330 times)

Offline ert481Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
  • yo young?
simple question (capacitor?)
« on: August 20, 2010, 04:49:49 PM »
i want a simple circuit that has a light bulb ;D. anyways the voltage comes in at 2 volts dc and i have a 1.5 volt light bulb. it doesnt matter that the voltage is 2.0 volts it wont burn out the light bulb. so the voltage comes in and i want the light off. the voltages shuts off for a second and the light bulb turns on. then once the voltage is back on the light is off again. ok so thats what i want. i was thinking a capacitor charges up then when voltage switches off the capacitor releases the voltage turning it on (and so on and so forth).
so i dont no how i would set it up. and would a capacitor work in the way i want? if im not clear enough ask some questions...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 07:52:43 PM by ert481 »
young people can build robots to!!!

Offline ert481Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
  • yo young?
Re: simple question (capacitor?)
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 07:50:14 PM »
ok i dont know what a legal bump is but i think i figured it out. i have a 3300 uf in a charging circuit. the capacitor was put in parallel (right wording?) on a bread board with a 470 ohm + 100 ohm resistor to charge the cap. then when its charging the rest of the electricity goes to a delay that cuts off the led. then when the voltage shuts off the delay connects the two wires turning on the led using power from the cap. anyways thats just in case anyone was wondering (not that anyone would..)
young people can build robots to!!!

Get Your Ad Here