Author Topic: Ackermann Steering robot  (Read 4219 times)

Offline ben2264Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
Ackermann Steering robot
« on: September 08, 2012, 04:50:32 AM »
Hi!
I would like to do an Ackermann Steering robot(car). This is my first robot,and I cant find any guides to Ackermann Steering.(I know how it works and the geometry but I need an actual guide on how to build it). Thank a lot for your help and your time!

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: Ackermann Steering robot
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 05:44:37 PM »
Hi,

I would like to do an Ackermann Steering robot(car). This is my first robot,
Perhaps it would be better to save the Ackerman for robot #2 (or later), as there is so many other stuff you need to learn, that extra complications would just make it harder :)
But that's up to you of course.

and I cant find any guides to Ackermann Steering.(I know how it works and the geometry but I need an actual guide on how to build it).
If yu truly know it all, then you should be able to build it with no guides at all, as the mechanics are easy to do - even with popsicle sticks

The best article on explaining the Ackerman geometry in (almost) plain words is this, which isn't a building guide either, but should leave you with enough info to make one.

If that doesen't help, use more specific questions on what you don't understand.

Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline Pogertt

• Helpful? 3
  • Pogertt
Re: Ackermann Steering robot
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 09:18:52 PM »
I believe the LEGO brand have steering gear of this type.
Mmmmmmmm....Cookies

Get Your Ad Here

data_list