go away spammer

Author Topic: L298 wierd problem  (Read 2801 times)

Offline aruna1Topic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 4
  • I'm an Ordinary guy
L298 wierd problem
« on: February 14, 2009, 03:35:35 AM »
i made this tutorial circuit (l298 with tristate switch) http://www.societyofrobots.com/member_tutorials/files/DC%20Motor%20driver%202A.pdf and i have face a little problem.

problem is with in 1

when in 1 is high circuit works properly but when in 1 is low circuit doesn't work and L298 begin to heat.i thought my transistor part is wrong so i checked circuit without l298.when checking without l298 transistor part work correctly with in 1 high and low but when i connect l298 in 1 begin to give troubles when in1 low.

i don't have this kind a problem with other half of circuit.it motor turns reverse and foreword when in2 is high and low.

i bought another l298 and still problem remains.

can some one please help me.
thanks
I'm Me

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: L298 wierd problem
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 08:50:42 AM »
Hi,

Sounds like the problem is in your wiring/PCB, so check carefully - with a magnifying glass and a strong light if needed.
Check especially around R5..7 and Q1 and the relevant pins on the chip. Also check if resistance values are correct and whether Q1 is  dead (I have a hunch it might be).
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline aruna1Topic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 4
  • I'm an Ordinary guy
Re: L298 wierd problem
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 12:13:24 PM »
thanks,it was my mistake.i used a vero board and tiny lead piece was stuck betwee two paths.
now works fine
I'm Me

Get Your Ad Here