go away spammer

Author Topic: Building an Androird Phone Controlled Robot with Bluetooth connection  (Read 1784 times)

Offline aritram90Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Dear Sir,

I am working on Project which is aimed to build a ANDROID PHONE CONTROL ROBOT.
I have already built an Robot which is controlled by a 3-axis Accelerometer but the drawbacks of this bot was it was not wireless but now I am trying to built a bot which is wireless i.e the bot will be using the accelerometer of the Android phone for its movement and the phone and bot will communicate with the Bluetooth UART module.

My question is What kind of a board should be use for this kind of project???
Please help....

Thanking you

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
Re: Building an Androird Phone Controlled Robot with Bluetooth connection
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 01:24:14 AM »
My question is What kind of a board should be use for this kind of project???
You already said it: "Bluetooth UART module", so any board/microcontroller that has UART feature.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
Re: Building an Androird Phone Controlled Robot with Bluetooth connection
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 10:51:58 AM »
Dear Sir,

Can you suggest some board/micro-controller which is capable of having minimum two DC motor, a 16 * 2 LCD module and a Bluetooth enabled chip so that it can communicate with a phone for instructions .....

with regards
No need for PM as other people with similar problems won't be able to see the solution. Let's keep it open.

I have already built an Robot which is controlled by a 3-axis Accelerometer but the drawbacks of this bot was it was not wireless [...]
If You already have a wired acc controlled robot it means than You already have board/micro-controller to control it. Are You sure it is not suitable to accommodate "two DC motor, a 16 * 2 LCD module and a Bluetooth enabled chip"?

There are many ways to run DC motors as there are many different motor controllers which require different microcontroller features to be present, hence different amount of pins. However, to run 2 DC motors using plain transistor H-bridge You need 4, dedicated for the task, I/O pins.

There are many different LCDs requiring different microcontroller features to be present. However to run common LCD such as HD44780 You need to have 6 or 10 (depending on which configuration You want to run it) dedicated I/O pins.

Not too sure about BlueTooth modules, but I suspect that commonly they use USART feature of a microntroller (TX and RX pins), so You need 2 pins that are marked TX and RX.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

Get Your Ad Here

data_list