Author Topic: Stopping direction of robot, collision avoidance  (Read 2045 times)

Offline cross1933Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Stopping direction of robot, collision avoidance
« on: March 25, 2009, 09:10:13 AM »
My robot(MMP-8 mobile robot platform) is controlled with JAVA thru a Lantronix Wireless WBX2100. The WBX2100 is connected to a Servo8 torque board for motor movement. The WBX2100 gets read back from a  Super Logics CP8200 unit. A Dlink DCS-6620G wireless camera provides viewing and relay control. I want to stop this from running into objects or a micro switch when contact is made to halt movement. I need to move in the opposite direction the micro switch that was engaged( if the forward switch is engage only reverse movement is a option). I can have the switched implemented into the JAVA program but the robot continues with its last command if the wireless signal is lost.

Offline cross1933Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: Stopping direction of robot, collision avoidance
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 05:14:11 AM »
How could I use the Sharp IR Distance Sensor(GP2D12) to implement this feature? The output from the sensor is .45V to 2.45V, the pulses from the servo 8 board are from 1 ms to 2 ms with 1.5 ms the center point. Is there a microprocessor card with inputs for both signals?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: Stopping direction of robot, collision avoidance
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 12:33:05 AM »
I can have the switched implemented into the JAVA program but the robot continues with its last command if the wireless signal is lost.
If you want the robot to work with a disabled wireless signal, you'll need to use a microcontroller. You can set it up so that the microcontroller takes over the system when the signal goes away . . .

Get Your Ad Here

data_list