go away spammer

Author Topic: A source for a general purpose collection of fasteners?  (Read 1714 times)

Offline ResilientTopic starter

• Helpful? 4
A source for a general purpose collection of fasteners?
« on: February 25, 2012, 05:35:54 PM »
I have been working on a couple projects recently and have found that I often am lacking a bolt of the right size or forgot to pick something up on my trip to the store. I have gotten sets of resisters that have say 10 or 20 each of common resisters, I am looking for a similar set of  fasteners.

Does anyone know of a place that sells a good 'kit' of fasteners for smaller hobby projects? It would be great if it came sorted in some sort of labeled container. Just a good set of nuts, bolts and washers.

I know I could just buy a container, label it and buy my own set of fasteners, but I am lazy when it comes to organizing things like this.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 06:41:48 PM by Resilient »

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: A source for a general purpose collection of fasteners?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 03:47:47 PM »
Hi,

Does anyone know of a place that sells a good 'kit' of fasteners for smaller hobby projects? It would be great if it came sorted in some sort of labeled container. Just a good set of nuts, bolts and washers.
Most (if not all) of the larger hardware stores (at least in DK) have sets with assortments of the most used sizes (eg. nuts of 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 and 10mm, equivalent sized sets of washers and bolts in a couple of lengths, although the bolt sets is usually limited to fewer different diameters to make up for the different lengths). This doesn't stop with fasteners, I have similar sets of rubber O-rings, screwdriver bits and such and over time, I just refill the sizes I use the most.

One thing to keep in mind about the boxed sets is their rather poor steel and poor precision, but they're nice to have anyway.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Get Your Ad Here

data_list