Mechanics and Construction > Mechanics and Construction

Another Beginner Here.

<< < (2/2)

Tsukubadaisei:
I don't like your microcontroller.  It is easy to setup and to program, which is good if you are a beginner, but it is very large and, if you buy the $99 one, it is expensive! Since your project doesn't look like very complex at all, I personally recommend using some simple PIC motherboard, which is cheaper, smaller and  popular(abundant info).

Brandon121233:
I still dont have first hand use with it  :( but the AVR atmel168 based Arduino board is a lot cheaper ($30) faster and smaller than the BS2 and education board, and it also has a USB port built in

sotu:
I say keep on the good work:D books are good learning methods and turtoriels..Keep on trying, thats one of the good ways to learn robotic and how they work..i just bought Robot Arena 2 and u can learn how to put ure mecanics together..

Hal9000:

--- Quote from: dunk on July 25, 2006, 06:15:10 AM ---repling to Tr3y,
you look like you are about to make exactly the same mistake as i did on my first robot.
the motors you are looking at are far too powerfull for a simple first robot.
you will have problems building motor controllers for 24volt motors like these.

for your first bot it would be far better to use either servos like Admin suggests or something like this:
http://www.superdroidrobots.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=408&catid=7
that motor/gearbox combo runs at 3volts but should have enough power to move a small bot around.
it will mean you don't need to put 24volt batteries on board too.

good luck.

--- End quote ---

These and the Arduino board is how I would go about it.................the arduino looks fly!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version