Author Topic: Robotic Arm component and tools  (Read 2485 times)

Offline husssamTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Robotic Arm component and tools
« on: May 23, 2013, 02:52:10 AM »
heey guys
I want to build and control Robotic arm using stepper motor,
so, what components and tools should be used?
how many stepper motors should be used?
please help me with videos of how to build it
I want to control it using ATmega 16 microcontroller, can you help with me with that too?
thanx a lot

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
Re: Robotic Arm component and tools
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 10:28:42 AM »
I want to build and control Robotic arm using stepper motor,
so, what components and tools should be used?
If You ask questions like that, You should read more about how to build robotic arms and how they operate.

how many stepper motors should be used?
That depends on the robotic arm You want to build. Normally You have 1 motor per 1 joint.

please help me with videos of how to build it
Have You tried Google?

I want to control it using ATmega 16 microcontroller, can you help with me with that too?
What help exactly do You need?
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

Offline Pomacs

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: Robotic Arm component and tools
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 08:56:11 AM »
Let us say that you need a number of motors equal to the number of degree of freedom or joints as our brother said above, But you also seem to need to read a bit more and use google and youtube.

Components like: motors, gears, belts, links.
Tools: Actuator selection, SolidWorks for 3D model building, hmm and Matlab Simulink for controller design.

Search about robot arm, actuator selection, dynamics, kinematics, use grab-cad to get some 3D models and familiarize with, go to Wikipedia and try knowing more about electronics and get something built with your hands.

And please Read

You are in society of robots you can know all what you need from the valuable topics here (not the forum)
i mean http://www.societyofrobots.com

Get Your Ad Here