Author Topic: Need help  (Read 1650 times)

Offline caisyTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Need help
« on: February 26, 2012, 10:38:06 PM »
Hi, I need some help on the programming the omnidirectional wheel robot. I am thing to make a three wheel one, and decide to use C to control it. Anyone have experience on that?

Thanks

Here is the link of the video of a omnidirectional robot that I kind want to make.
http://youtu.be/e3SJlshwl6k

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
Re: Need help
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 01:22:06 AM »
Do You have robot already?

Robots are not controlled by any language, they are normally controlled by microcontrollers, which execute specific comands to achieve whatever You want Your robot to achieve. On compile time language (C, Java, BASIC, etc) code is converted to ASM instructions which are run in uC.

Programming omniwheel bot is no different than programming any other robot or microcontroller controlled circuit in the world, so to answer Your question, yes, there are many people on this forum who have experience programming microcontrollers.

To be able to help, we have to know what microcontroller You are using and what specific task You want Your robot to do. Also, what hardware You use to make it move (stepper motors, brushed/brushless DC motors, servos, steam engine, etc, etc).
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

Offline caisyTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 09:14:34 PM »
Thanks for replying, I am planning to use C language to control the robot. And the MicroController that I am gonna use is an Arduino Uno USB Microcontroller Rev 2(http://www.robotshop.com/arduino-uno-microcontroller.html).The main function is that to move in certain direction and certain distance. And for the engine, I might use a 12V DC motor.

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 01:22:00 AM »
Hi again  :)

To drive motors in controlled manner, You'll have to use PWM. Find some tutorials on timers and PWM to get You going.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W