Author Topic: 50 dollars robot  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Mike11Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
50 dollars robot
« on: June 17, 2011, 03:24:54 PM »
HI,

I've just finished my 50 dollars project, programmed the robot successfully but for some reason, it does nothing(definitely not trying to committ suicide falling from my table). I checked all my circuits and they were OK, voltage shown in AVR was 5.1V. programming was successful but nothing moves or does anything. Servos were jittering (or at least moved slightly when I plugged them in) while programming but now nothing. I admit  I probably did a horrible thing with my ATmega8 - I had to bend the pins 180 degrees as I soldered everything in reverse so that I could plug it in the right way, but nothing broke, voltage is the same with the microcontroller though the red diode is constantly flashing, is that right? I also uploaded the .hex file for the servos but was a little unsure b/c AVR asks you to erase or not to erase before programming(checked erase b/c the other wy round doesnt work). Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot, Mike

Offline Conscripted

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 10
Re: 50 dollars robot
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 08:27:15 AM »
I admit  I probably did a horrible thing with my ATmega8 - I had to bend the pins 180 degrees as I soldered everything in reverse so that I could plug it in the right way

Do you have a picture of your current board?

Conscripted

Offline Mike11Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
Re: 50 dollars robot
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 12:26:46 PM »
Hi,

well not yet but it is the same as the board in the tutorial, I just soldered my diode, servo outputs and regulator on the other side that I was supposed to. I switched the peripherals, thats all. Therefore, I had to turn the microcontroller too because the pins on the right side were supposed to be on the left and vice versa. So I bent each pin 180 degrees with pliers and then, I turned the microcontroller upside down. I am pretty sure that all the connections are correct now, I just dont know if the microcontroller survived (though no visual problem occured, e.g. no pin broke)

Mike

Get Your Ad Here