go away spammer

Author Topic: help for pic programmer..  (Read 5707 times)

Offline sambhavTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
help for pic programmer..
« on: February 27, 2007, 03:24:54 AM »
hii..
i hv written the program for pic16f877 in assembly language using mplab.
in order to program the chip, i m using simpic programmer..and PICPROG877 as the software.
 however i need som help  as i m getting errors while trying to write to pic.
after i load the hex file to be transferred, wen i click on 'write to PIC' option, i get the following error:
'Program verify failed on line 0, programming aborted'
sumtimes i also get the foll error:
'config fuses verify error'

Can anyone plz help me sort out dis problem... if possible can anyone give me the steps to b followed in detail while programming the PIC..???

Thanx.........

Offline snow

• Helpful? 0
Re: help for pic programmer..
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 02:44:45 AM »
It is very possible that your programmer doesn't work since you have error in first line.
So check connections first.

Offline JesseWelling

• Expert Roboticist
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • Only You Can Build A Robot!
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 03:17:17 AM »
can you open up the hex file and look at the first couple of lines? what does it say?
When I was using MPLAB I can't remember why or how to fix it but it put some junk
at the top of the hex file. I found the setting but I can't remember what it is now and
I don't have access to MPLAB any more so....

Offline ComputerGeek

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 12:14:32 PM »
Also make sure your syntax (the way you write it)  is correct, I know especially with assembly that things can get messy if you mix up a DIR with an EXT address for example. If the error really is in line 0 then thats the first set of characters you entered make sure that the command your using is valid with that particular IC, this isn't the point in a project to cut corners or say that a part is "close enough to what I need". P.S. I've never used MPLAB but these are the things I would reccomend if you were writing to an IC the old fashion way with a programmer unit.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list