Author Topic: relays  (Read 1332 times)

Offline vgchampTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
relays
« on: June 17, 2009, 11:52:34 AM »
i want to know can the normal house hold circuit (220V )be controlled by a 5V microcontroller circuit serving as a control circuit in a relay switch.
i want to close household appliances connected to relay switch for certain case controlled by a sensor monitored by a micro controller

Offline Conscripted

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 10
Re: relays
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 01:11:56 PM »
It sounds like you are talking about home automation. If that is the case there are projects and products available. Google can probably get you all the information you need if you search for "Home Automation". You could also look around http://www.x10.com/automation/homeautomation.htm#homeautomation and see what you find.

Conscripted

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
  • SoR's Locale Electronics Nut.
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 03:06:02 PM »
simple mate! digital pin connected to a transistor, transistor controls relay, relay controls...your toaster?
there are absolutely heaps of things about this online and different ways to do it.
Howdy

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 05:57:55 PM »
Hi,

USB-controlled power distribution "bars" can be found really cheap these days, I just got one good for 10A (240V/2400W) with 5 outlets for a shade less than $7,-
They are powered on by the 5V present in an active USB connector - or by any other 5V supply, so it can be controlled by other 5V sources as well - just the thing when you need to control mains voltage driven devices from a µ-Controller.

Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Get Your Ad Here