Software > Software

paintball robot :)

(1/5) > >>

NOOBinDistress:
I am a total noob so this may seem like a stupid question to most people, but i was wandering if it would be possible to make a robot that can play paintball. For those of you who dont know what i mean... I mean speed ball... It is where you are in a small area  with like 20 different blow up bunkers you can hide behind and shoot people from... I just thought meybe you could map where all of the bunkers are  before hand... and either use heat sensors or motion sensors on the end of the guns to detect the oposing team and shooot them...The only problem with this is that it might pick up people outside of the playing field or its own team mates if it has any. Also i was wandering if you could use the other team s shirt color to pick up... I remember admin saying something about color sensing before... Anyway  it is probobly a stupid question but my curiosity just got the best of me!

airman00:
Possible, yes. Costly and difficult - big yes.
That requires a lot of sensors, a huge budget, as well as patience and time. :-\

If you decide to build one please keep us posted on your progress.

NOOBinDistress:
well i would like to... I am a noob and cant even get past the intro on this programing thing...right now im just struggling to finish the 50 dollar robot! but someday when i am not a total noob it would be a fun project...

nathan25:
I think to start off you should break it down a little.
for Example: the gun, moblity, and then programming/ sensors.
Work on having the gun fire and aim, for aiming it'd be cool if u had the robot be able to aim at a certain cool...like red team and blue team. then after u have the gun firing at the desired target... design and build a mobile platform for it. and then after thats done you can work on having the robot sense an on coming shot and dodge it or some how aviod the amo making contact with the robot.
Its alotta work and i dont think a noob would be able to do it without help... thats wut the society is for right...helping fellow robotists?
It would be amazing to build sumthing like that... imagine this could led into robotic solider (which i think are already out) but if u where to build a working prototype...get a GOVERNMENT research grant build 4 or 6 of them and hav them fight against eachother and show the government that the robots can fight for thm selves... replicating the original should be easy as long as u keep the original program and change the red target to blue target or another colour.

Nate

NOOBinDistress:
yah if i ever where to make something i would have used the exact approach you used aimin the guns and working your way down from there...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version