Author Topic: help!.kinematics analysis for my biped robot  (Read 3601 times)

Offline rhey22Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
help!.kinematics analysis for my biped robot
« on: January 14, 2009, 09:37:14 PM »
Hi,

I'm having a hard time, a really very hard time, to understand making the kinematics analysis for the smooth walking of my biped robot. :(  I have been reading many literature and discussions about doing static and dynamic analysis of a biped robot and they're all giving me this different equations I really can't grasp. I don't know exactly where or how to start the static/dynamic analysis. I'm using the BRAT chassis of lynxmotion having 3 DOFs per leg and the SoR's Axon mcu. Can anyone help me out please.... :'(

Any help and suggestions would be very much appreciated..THANKS..

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: help!.kinematics analysis for my biped robot
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 09:05:22 AM »
I spoke with airman00 and he said he gave you some basic kinematics code.

It appears you want to put basic walking into equations instead of preprogrammed motions. Its been done quite a lot before, search the various science papers on walking robots.

Also, a leg is actually no different from an arm. This is a 3 DOF robot arm . . . What you want to do is called 'trajectory following' - where you don't really care what the joints are doing, as long as the foot (end effector) is following a desired trajectory.

If I were to do it I wouldn't bother with the equations. I'd put a lot of preprogrammed motions in, and set them up with a fuzzy-based controller that modifies/selects the kinematics based on sensor data.

For example, a human has a limited set of gaits preprogrammed into our head: walk, run, jog, climb, jump. Using sensor data in our brain/body, we tweak the gait in real-time (so that we don't fall or whatever).

If you went with equations, you'd still need a different equation for each gait. :P

Offline airman00

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 21
  • narobo.com
    • Narobo.com - Mechatronics and related
Re: help!.kinematics analysis for my biped robot
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 09:12:38 AM »
yep its just like I told Sarah - tons of preprogrammed movements and gaits and use the accelerometer you guys have to know when to use the different movements.
Check out the Roboduino, Arduino-compatible board!

Link: http://curiousinventor.com/kits/roboduino

www.Narobo.com