Author Topic: vision sensor  (Read 2518 times)

Offline nachiTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
vision sensor
« on: November 14, 2007, 09:16:36 PM »
hi
I am searching for a vision system which can give me X Y coordinates of the tip of  moving robot arm.
I am building up a dual arm planar space robot setup. All I need is to move the the two robot arms attached to the single mobile base to move from one point to target point along a apecified trajectory. The vision  system should give  me the XY  coordinates of the tip of both the arms, as well as the the base center of gravity, so that I can give the corrective signals to the motors in case of any deviation from target point.

Can using 4 ultrasonic sensors solve my problem?
Also, can the desired system be build using normal Webcam and roboralm software, if yes,.. how?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: vision sensor
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 10:15:18 PM »
can the desired system be build using normal Webcam and roboralm software
yeap

download the software and play around with it for a bit. its pretty easy to learn.

this is exactly how to do it step by step:
http://www.roborealm.com/tutorial/Path_Planning/slide010.php
(instead of a mobile robot, program the gripper on your arm to move that trajectory instead)

have you started building the robot arm yet?

Offline nachiTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 02:23:34 AM »
hi...Thanks for the quick reply...
I am sending the photo of the current setup. Right now only one arm is attached to the wooden base. I have to fix up another arm to the base. The base is free to move as it is supported over rollers. So whenever there is motion of one arm the base gets disturbed . I  am supposed to control this base disturbance , only the attitude base disturbance need to be controlled This will be achieved by equal and opposite motion of the second arm.  For the motion of arm I send commands to the servo motors attached to the joints of robot arm using matlab software. The microcontroller used is PIC16f84.  All I need  is to locate the xy coordinetes of robot arm tip so that using inverse kinematics i can find the  desired joint anlges and carry out further control process.
 Can i access the output data ( XY coordiantes) from the roborealm software in matlab.
what is the bast suitable web cam for the purpose. I need to scan a total area of 10 sq.ft (2.5 X4 ft).
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 02:38:24 AM by nachi »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 05:18:23 AM »
http://www.roborealm.com/forum/index.php?forum_id=1037
First hit on google:
Can i access the output data ( XY coordiantes) from the roborealm software in matlab.

what is the bast suitable web cam for the purpose. I need to scan a total area of 10 sq.ft (2.5 X4 ft).
depends on the resolution you want . . . just do the math of resolution vs distance, then look at the webcam spec sheets. I use a cheap $30 logitech for my robot vision stuff . . .

Get Your Ad Here