Author Topic: Biped-walking  (Read 5093 times)

Offline RolfTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Biped-walking
« on: May 26, 2007, 05:00:27 PM »
Hi. I have recently made a biped walker from aluminiumsheets cut with a dremel multitool. The biped has eight servos in its legs. Each leg has one servo to tilt the foot sideways, two servos to bend the knee and hip, and one servo on the top to bend the leg out sideways.

Will try to draw it. This is how the legs are built. The X Bends sideways ( <----> ), and the O bends forwards and backwards (in and out of the screen)
|            |
|_______|
 X_____X
 O        O
 |          |
 O        O
 X         X
----      ----

Don't know if that was a good explanation, but anyway... My problem is now programming the biped to walk. I have a servocontroller, and can connect it to my computer, so testing my code is no problem. I have tried to watch videos of robots walking, but it is hard to tell how all the servos are moving. Does anyone have ideas for how to start programming it? If you have some sample code, that would be nice. Does not have to be for a robot like mine, but walkingcode for any biped robot would help. Thanks a lot.

Offline Hal9000

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
Re: Biped-walking
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 05:35:56 AM »
Hey, I haven't really got much experinece with bipedal motion, but maybe look for some robonova code, and how this works.

Also, maybe try buying this book http://www.amazon.co.uk/Introduction-Robotics-H-S-Sandhu/dp/1854861530/ref=sr_1_5/026-3464422-9586849?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1180265642&sr=8-5

I think it's a bit outdated, but has a lot of information about the robot you can see on the front cover, testing etc.
"The truth is, you can't hide from the truth, cos the truth is all there is" - Handsome Boy Modeling School

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: Biped-walking
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 08:11:29 PM »
you basically need to preprogram a set of servo locations into an array list, then over time command the servos between different positions in the lists . . . the hard part is putting the correct information into those lists . . .

Get Your Ad Here

data_list