go away spammer

Author Topic: Getting my axon II code running in my axon I …Help !  (Read 2824 times)

Offline moltrex84Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
Getting my axon II code running in my axon I …Help !
« on: October 07, 2010, 07:33:08 AM »

Hello everyone,

I have all my code elaborated in the axon II but I manage to fry the microcontroller … So now I have an Axon I “Because Axon II are in back order” and my code is in the axon II format.

Seems that the axon 1 require more files, such as control.c, SoRutilities.h …
I have multiples sensor in my code such as SRF-05, Devantech compass, sabertooth …
The libraries are declare in the Axon II format using webbotlib, for example sabertooth is in a specific folder with a corresponding path, in the axon 1 is misc.h all is there …?

Does somebody know the fastest and easiest way to get it running in an Axon 1 … ???

At a bad time the microcontroller die.

Thanks for the help.

Offline knossos

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 14
Re: Getting my axon II code running in my axon I …Help !
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 08:10:41 AM »
I may be way off-base here, (I use an Axon II but have not used an Axon) but I was under the impression that other than minor pin changes the code should be nearly identical.  From the FAQ:

What is the difference between the Axon and Axon II?
The Axon and Axon II both use the same microcontroller, the ATmega640. This means both the Axon and Axon II are 99% code compatible, minus a few additional features and pin # changes (see Axon II software manual). They are both equally easy to use.

The Axon II however comes with more PWM, more hardware interrupts, more I/O, an LED numerical display for debugging assitance, higher voltage support, multiple battery voltage support, and an additional 3.3V output header.
"Never regret thy fall,
O Icarus of the fearless flight
For the greatest tragedy of them all
Is never to feel the burning light."

— Oscar Wilde

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 08:19:00 AM »
You can/should use WebbotLib with the original Axon. (the original Axon code is outdated and I only keep it there for historical reasons)

Just click File -> New -> Axon in WebbotLib Project Designer.

Axon 2, Webbotlib and Project Designer Tutorial

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 08:29:33 AM »
WebbotLib Project Designer ... I have a problem using the designer, because the menu options   "Tools/generate" does not appear most of the times ...  Do I have to pay or something ???

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 08:33:06 AM »
WebbotLib Project Designer ... I have a problem using the designer, because the menu options   "Tools/generate" does not appear most of the times ...  Do I have to pay or something ???
Nope, no need to pay . . . perhaps a bug.

Can you show us a screenshot of it not working?

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 08:49:00 AM »
I'm at the work right now, but by night ill post it ... When it start it does not show the option "Tools" ...  

I have not use that much the designer because only once I found available the tools/generate option.Related to the code I need to edit few things.

-like the sabertooth 2x50 is not available but, is very similar to the others I just need to change the baud rate to 2400...

- Connect multiples SRF05 but they required 5V regulated, and in the code I had in the axon2 i connect them anywhere and with a external regulator I supply power to the sensor using the same reference of the microcontroller ofcurse. But for the case of the sensor it was connect it in a unregulated port to use the signal pin."Because regulated I/O are limited in the microcontroller"

I want to do all those trick, and may be I can do that and more ... but i have not been able to generate, except by the encoder example i did few days ago...

Thanks for the help ...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 08:53:50 AM by moltrex84 »

Offline Webbot

• Expert Roboticist
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 111
    • Webbot stuff
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 05:06:00 PM »
I'm struggling slightyly with the English, forgive me, but heres the reply.

The Tools|Generate option is only available in Project Designer and not Board Designer. Board Designer is only there for people designing commercial boards which they are going to sell.
You need to say your Project before generating the code.

-like the sabertooth 2x50 is not available but, is very similar to the others I just need to change the baud rate to 2400...
You can always go to my website http://webbot.org.uk and send me an email to request that I add it - including links to product dataheets etc.

Connect multiples SRF05 but they required 5V regulated, and in the code I had in the axon2 i connect them anywhere and with a external regulator I supply power to the sensor using the same reference of the microcontroller ofcurse. But for the case of the sensor it was connect it in a unregulated port to use the signal pin."Because regulated I/O are limited in the microcontroller"
Yes you can have many SRF05.
There is no such thing as a 'regulated port' or an 'unregulated port'. The port pin is the port pin. Its just that some port pins have regulated power headers next to them and others have unregulated. Thats not a WebbotLib thing - thats just the way the board hardware is laid out.
Project Designer will suggest the +5v regulated power pin to use but, of course, if you want to plug it into any other +5v regulated supply then just do it.
Webbot Home: http://webbot.org.uk/
WebbotLib online docs: http://webbot.org.uk/WebbotLibDocs
If your in the neighbourhood: http://www.hovinghamspa.co.uk

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 10:01:19 PM »
Thanks for the reply ...

I'm struggling slightyly with the English, forgive me, but heres the reply.
I'm from Puerto Rico, English is my second language ... I appreciate your time.

The Tools|Generate option is only available in Project Designer and not Board Designer. Board Designer is only there for people designing commercial boards which they are going to sell.
You need to say your Project before generating the code.

You are right, I was using the board designer ... I have a lot of icons in my desktop, my bad.

There is no such thing as a 'regulated port' or an 'unregulated port'. The port pin is the port pin. Its just that some port pins have regulated power headers next to them and others have unregulated.

You are correct also, I use the wrong words to express myself ... In my project I need to connect 10 SRF-05 thats why I want to use external power from a 5V regulator.

Problem solved----

In my code I'm using the examples that are found in the tutorial of societyofrobots like computer controlled ... I change the library from axon2 to axon and changes with the port connection. So all my code in the axon 2 works now ...

Thanks,

« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 10:03:18 PM by moltrex84 »

Offline Webbot

• Expert Roboticist
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 111
    • Webbot stuff
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 12:39:00 PM »
In my project I need to connect 10 SRF-05 thats why I want to use external power from a 5V regulator.
Ok I get you. You can still use Project Designer. Obviously whether you choose to use an external +5v supply is up to you. Project Designer doesn't really care.
Webbot Home: http://webbot.org.uk/
WebbotLib online docs: http://webbot.org.uk/WebbotLibDocs
If your in the neighbourhood: http://www.hovinghamspa.co.uk

Get Your Ad Here

data_list