Author Topic: Curious about super spam filter  (Read 2234 times)

Offline GyaradosTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Curious about super spam filter
« on: November 08, 2012, 01:01:33 AM »
Hello,
I'm just curious about the gazillion anti-spam questions when replying to posts, do they eventually go away (after 5 post or something)?
The captcha images are almost too obscure to read!
Also as this is my second post today, but with no spam questions, would I be right in assuming that I only need to answer them once every day?
Is it possible to make the questions less biased to Americans?
I was asked how many states there are in the US and I had to look it up (i don't live in the US)

Is there a reason behind this or is the Administrator just hoping to bring about the robot apocolipse :

« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 01:05:39 AM by Gyarados »

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
Re: Curious about super spam filter
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 01:57:52 AM »
Captchas and questions go away after You make few posts, so You can worry about it no more  ;D

Is it possible to make the questions less biased to Americans?
I was asked how many states there are in the US and I had to look it up (i don't live in the US)
You learned  something new and that is not something to complain about  :P
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

Offline GyaradosTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 02:04:00 AM »
You learned  something new and that is not something to complain about  :P
I guess that's a good way of looking at it, "useless" knowledge is never useless.
Maybe one day i'll have to open a door that asks riddles about America.

A child is born in Boston, Massachusetts to parents who were both born in Boston, Massachusetts. The child is not a United States citizen. How is this possible?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 09:54:07 PM »
You only have to deal with the annoying anti-spammer stuff for your first ~2 posts.

Before I implemented the crazy defenses, about 3 spammers got in per day. Believe it or not, spammers still get through all these defenses. But only ~1 per month manages to reach the final step of posting a bad link these days.

lol . . . I was aiming for easy questions that could be easily looked up, but required some minimal level of intelligence to do so :P

I have a Thai friend who insisted it was 53, and that I should be ashamed of myself that as an American I did not know that. :-X

Get Your Ad Here

data_list