Author Topic: CMOS Line Scan Sensor (Not a line sensor for a line following robot)  (Read 2898 times)

Offline rckrchrdsnTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
I am hoping someone can help me find a source for a Line Scan Sensor with a resolution of 1024 x 16-96 with a sample speed of 16Khz or greater.  I know they are out there.  Also if I am using the wrong terminology, feel free to correct me.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 01:02:34 AM by rckrchrdsn »

Offline rckrchrdsnTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: CMOS Line Scan Sensor (Not a line sensor for a line following robot)
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 09:15:24 AM »
Greasemonkey94,

Thanks for the info.  However the TOAS line of are all x1. Looking at my original post, I should have made it clear that I need something with anywhere from 700-1280 pixels to 16-96 pixels.  The optimum, as an example, would be 1024x48, I would settle for 700x16, over built would be 1280x96.  Good speed, though.  Still looking.  :)

« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 09:19:33 AM by rckrchrdsn »

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: CMOS Line Scan Sensor (Not a line sensor for a line following robot)
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 08:30:11 PM »
Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me find a source for a Line Scan Sensor with a resolution of 1024 x 16-96 with a sample speed of 16Khz or greater.  I know they are out there.  Also if I am using the wrong terminology, feel free to correct me.
You're using the wrong terminology ;)
A line sensor is a single line (1 pixel "high").

What you want may exist, but given their rareness (and allround usefulness) you're probably gonna pay through your nose if you find any.
It would likely be much cheaper to get a "full" CMOS sensor and just read out how many lines you think you need.

How do you define sample speed - time for 1 pixel, for the entire 16 to 96 scan lines or what?
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Get Your Ad Here

data_list