Author Topic: very realistic humanoids dancing and such  (Read 3952 times)

Offline AdminTopic starter

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
very realistic humanoids dancing and such
« on: November 02, 2010, 11:22:54 AM »
It's been awhile since I've been impressed with a robot . . . well, these two (different) robots have just raised the bar for me :)

サイバネティックヒューマンHRP-4C未夢_ダンスデモンストレーション

産総研オープンラボ2010でのアクトロイド-Fの操作の様子など

Offline Oller125

• Helpful? 2
    • My Blog
Re: very realistic humanoids dancing and such
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 12:04:20 PM »
The first one I said "Oh my God!" but when I saw the second one I thought it was a human pretending! :o :o

Offline SeagullOne

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
  • Humans and Robots working together for our future.
    • Loren John Presley - Author, Artist, Roboteer
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 04:33:36 PM »
Oh my gosh! It's seems too beautiful to be true! Robots communing with human beings like never before! Charming and uplifting! People, we're there! We're going to have to find a new future to look ahead to soon when it comes to robots!
I think the chauffeur did it.

He did.

Offline azy

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 02:54:55 AM »
Technically speaking its the first Android (Human Shaped) body ever built that can walk unaided albeit it passivley, gets an A+ for that ( I keep on waiting to see them change those stupid oversized hands, its been almost 2 years now and its driving me nuts lol )

Vocoloid Singing software is quite good,  you can dload a demo of it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vocaloid

She uses passive walking & pre scripted locomotion (cannot balance, just moves regardless) as far as I'm aware. ie she cant really walk like asimo can, she just runs on scripts like the miniature semi autonomous fighting robots. press button A and script A is run....Most of the demos you see are carefuly crafted to hide inabilities. She probably doesnt have ANY sensors in her body at all, though i cant rule it out. She could dance that way and not fall over, note her c of g is never upset, no compensation needed.

Asimo can navigate round moving objects and can tell a chair from a table by examination of its elements and then auto classification. preloaded, programs yes but able to act using cased based reasoning. Which is more akin to advanced instincts, stand up and face a clear area, track mothers face and follow Mother.

Asimo has some dynamic locomotion, but its Big Dog FTW with dynamic walking

The Singing Android is just an automaton, a sophisticated clockwork toy. Good to see all the same. She been around since 2008, the voice she is using is that of virtual popstar

Real People , CGI Popstar projected ...Epic...its not thier first time you can tell....loool
Hatsune Miku in LIVE ~ WORLD IS MINE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatsune_Miku

Times they are a changing.....i have a feeling that in 10 years this is gonna seem "so last milenium", but i must say im enjoying surfing the wave as these technologies break.....plz note your Grandma thought the Lightbulb and the radiogram was  cool  

Also you have to bear in mind that far better animatronics (then these female automatons) was employed in films like jurasic park, walking with dinosuars, sci fi and horror movies etc ec etc. Im not trying to put down their efforts, just remind you that footage this crap fell on the cutting room floor decades ago. And the technology is 20 years old. The lab context your viewing it in just makes it seem different.The aim in this case is humonoid, not a true to life action shot.

All the same,its inspirational & gets you thinking.

〖HRP-4C(Miim)〗Japan Robot Festival 2009 in TOYAMA
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 04:15:54 AM by azy »

Offline azy

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 05:13:29 AM »
...and such (Miku does Jamiroquai )

[HD] Miku Miku Dance - Virtual Insanity

You can dload mikumikudance here for free !, if you are interested in biomechanics for your robots this is a great little ap

http://www.geocities.jp/higuchuu4/index_e.htm

Im not a great fan of Manga ? but the realistic dance moves of Miku are pretty good despite it being a very simple model & physics engine. Im looking at creating somthing like this for my android and exporting the data to the servo controllers. If you cant hum the tune your gonna struggle playing it, mikudance is a handy tool for practicing virtual moves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MikuMikuDance

Miku the all singing all dancing Android ? anyone....its all very cute but a bit too chop suey for my western eyes...i have yet to decide on a form factor for my droid....form factor ? what kind of cheesy corporate suit came up with that one i wonder?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 05:32:40 AM by azy »

Offline azy

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 02:46:36 AM »
Humanoid Making tea. Cool music to go with it. The movements are so good i thought it was stop motion animation at first

コーヒーを淹れさせてみた -oil Master's brain-
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 02:49:44 AM by azy »

Offline macdad-

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 5
    • LoneWolf's Circuits
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 07:54:04 PM »
Pretty interesting, but I would be more comfortable around an astronaut looking robot(ASIMOV) instead of the ones with the artificial skin. Its probably just me, but its just having that thought of knowing a machine from a human. Even once machines gain the ability of artificial intelligence, just the thought of it's a human or it's a android comforts that, especially when there becomes an error in the conversation.

Kinda taking this back to the Turing test, where a subject had a conversation between to blind recipients. It ended up being that it was very hard for a human to tell the difference between the machine recipient and the human recipient. But of course the recipients here are not blind. I guess it's just human nature of looking someone/something in the eye while talking and the look of that person/android could alter the conversation.

/rant

But it's still quite interesting, pretty soon you'll see skin sensor matrices with sector membranes.  8)

Offline azy

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 08:37:17 AM »
Best walking android robot ive ever seen you can see we are almost there with the basics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJFfcBGdh-s&feature=player_embedded#!

I agree with what you are saying about fleshy & weird robots. Its called the uncanny valley. As robots get very close too looking human they start to give us the creeps. Our instincts  get the vibe something isn't right , this person is sick or deranged & we should avoid them.

I prefer my robots to look different. At the end of the day they always will be different. A.I. should stand for alien intelligence.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 08:48:46 AM by azy »

Get Your Ad Here