go away spammer

Author Topic: Noob question  (Read 2438 times)

Offline SgtToadTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Noob question
« on: February 29, 2008, 06:42:15 AM »
I have make the 50$ robot, it was working great. I add three LED to make some light effect and all works great. Yesterday i receive my rs232 shifter and make the UART interface work. OK now it's my question.

How i can plug my three LED, the 2 servo for the wheel, an other servo for my brand new sharp ir rangefinder and my uart interface ? I need 6 output pin, the ATMega8 have only 5 and 2 of them are for the UART... how i can add output ? adding an other microcontroller ?

Thanks for your help guys

paulstreats

Re: Noob question
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 09:23:10 AM »
There are definately a lot more outputs available on the atmega8. If you refer back to the diagram in the $50 robot tutorial there are at least 10 with no connections to them. All you have to do is wire them up with power busses like the others and learn how to use them. (which is pretty much the same as using the ones you already have)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 07:52:15 PM »
Basically what paulstreats said.

I was too lazy to do it in the tutorial, but you will notice a group of pins on the mcu that aren't connected to anything. If you look at the schematic and code for a bit, I'm confident you can figure out how to add those extra headers and required code.

Just ask when you get stuck and we will help.

Offline SgtToadTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 08:12:09 AM »
I find out how to do what i want. I change two input pin for output and that work great. I currently try to find the best way to write the code to do object avoiding with my servo mounted sharp ir combo. I'll post picture and video when it works.

Get Your Ad Here