go away spammer

Author Topic: Denso robotic arm  (Read 9721 times)

Offline ivangTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Denso robotic arm
« on: July 25, 2006, 10:49:52 AM »
I'm new to robots, and have no idea what I'm getting myself into.  So I bought a Denso robotic arm off of Ebay, and plan to use it to do some polishing projects that I have.  Before I bought the arm Denso said they had a training course I could attend in California, after I bought the arm Denso said they will not provide support for products not purchased directly from them.  This stinks...  the main reason I purchased the arm was because the desno folks said I could pay to take the training course and in two days I should understand enough to get things started. 

Anyway,  I'm curious if anybody out there has ever programed a denso robotic arm, and if you have could you pleae give me some idea of where to start with programing this arm.  Can I teach it everything it needs to know with the teach pendend?  What language will I need to program this thing? 

Thank you

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: Denso robotic arm
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 09:45:19 PM »
Hmmm how much did you manage to pay for it? What particular arm did you get? Have the manual?

I havnt programmed a denso arm in almost 3 years now. It isnt that hard actually to program the arm . . . I remember having difficulty until I got some sample code, then I just reverse engineered it. I got the arm to type the time into my keyboard real-time so it showed up in a text file.  ;D

You can program everything you want through the pendant, but I wouldnt recommend it. It has a bad user interface in my opinion. Best if you program it on your computer and then upload the program to the arm.

This is a homework assignment similar to what I had to do when I first used the arms:
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/academic/class/15384/web/handouts/lab1.pdf
It might help a little . . .

Offline Kohanbash

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 1
Re: Denso robotic arm
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 02:02:34 PM »
A lot of times if you tell companies that you are a student wishing to develop systems with their product they will provide support/training since they hope youll continue to use and actually pay them for something.
Also remember it is a fairly strong/fast arm that can cause serious damage either to you or to its sorroundings.
Robots for Roboticists Blog - http://robotsforroboticists.com/

Get Your Ad Here