Author Topic: Dubro Wheels  (Read 1803 times)

Offline walkercreationsTopic starter

• Helpful? 1
    • walkercreations
Dubro Wheels
« on: October 03, 2009, 09:43:17 PM »
Greetings all,

I am in the planning stage of my attempt at the $50 Robot. I would like to use 3.00 Dubro Treaded Rubber Wheels for my robot. I will also be using the Hitec HS-311 servos. Has anyone used this setup and if so do you have any pictures you could share so I can get an idea of how to mount the wheels to the servo arms? Any help and information is greatly appreciated.
Peter Walker
Fruitland, MD USA

Offline Joker94

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 26
Re: Dubro Wheels
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 10:29:05 PM »
well it sound like it will work, i have never used that setup before but to mount the rims to the servos horn is pretty easy.The most important thing is to make sure the servo horn gets mounted in the centre of the wheel.

You attach it by a couple of small screws throught the holes on the servo horn.

Like what admin did in the attached pic. Even though he did that with a wheel you can do it with any rim. eg.for treds and rubber tyres and foam tyres.

Hope that is what you needed.

Offline walkercreationsTopic starter

• Helpful? 1
    • walkercreations
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 10:37:21 PM »
Thank you very much for the reply. That does give me a lot better idea of what I should or need to do. There is another user that posted pictures of his robot using the same setup I plan on using on his personal site but he has yet to answer an email that I sent. If I am able to come up with a workable solution, I will post pictures here to hopefully help someone else. This is my 2nd attempt at a robot. My very first was a simple robot called Beetlebot v2 by Jerome Demers and I am also reading through the book by David Cook - Robot Building for Beginners. I have bought everything needed to complete the $50 Robot and hope to have it finished sometime this coming winter.
Peter Walker
Fruitland, MD USA

Offline Joker94

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 26
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 11:40:01 PM »
good to here and good luck with the rest of your robots ;D

data_list