go away spammer

Author Topic: help in constructing long range controlled spy robot  (Read 3265 times)

Offline ram aravindTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
help in constructing long range controlled spy robot
« on: September 11, 2012, 11:04:54 AM »
hi
   i m planning to do a long range controlled spy robot..so i guess rf control( even high range of its kind) wont work..my plan is to it control by internet( wifi ) ..i know just to use a rf controller... so may i get some help regarding the tutorials for internet controlled robot.. also is there any other suggestions to control over a long range..?

thank you :)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 11:07:34 AM by ram aravind »

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
Re: help in constructing long range controlled spy robot
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 03:42:10 PM »
I don't think WiFi is considered long range. If I needed true long range spy-bot, I'd go with 3G, 4G or GSM. With 3G You could get live video feed (or at least photos (HD video with 4G)) from Your robot (in case You decide to spy on neighbour next door  ;)).

Take a look at this --> 3G/GPRS shield for Arduino (3G + GPS)
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 11:36:42 AM »
ya thanks... but i need to know to the principles behind the working of such technologies... sorry i am a beginner to networks..  :( so can u post some tutorials for tat... ??? because by browsing i couldnt find out the best way for long range control robot...
to say more clearly i m trying to built a spy/survey bot which could persistently send me the images( videos better) via some technology so tat i could assess the areas of spying..
but now i m in a confused state to chose the apt technology  for tat... plz help me in this  by posting some principle behind tat technology..
thank u :) again pardon me .. am a beginner

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 03:28:35 PM »
but i need to know to the principles behind the working of such technologies...
To know principles You have to learn principles, but before that You have to learn basics. If You're not interested in basics, then just get already build robot (like something from Dr. Robot series) and simply write software for it to do whatever You want (You also need to have at least basic programming skills).

sorry i am a beginner to networks..
Robot You're talking about requires way more skills than understanding networking. Do You know how to program MCU? Have You ever built robot before? Can You solder? Can You produce Your own machined parts? Do You have good understanding of electronic circuits? Can You write programs for Windows/Linux/Android/iOS?

so can u post some tutorials for tat... ??? because by browsing i couldnt find out the best way for long range control robot...
You weren't searching very well then  ;) The web page I linked You to contains a link to Arduino 3G Shield tutorial. If You hope to find step-by-step tutorial on how to build spy-bot controlled from mobile device with live video capability over 3G, I have to disappoint You and say that it's not very likely You'll find one. You should look for tutorials on basic things and then apply gained knowledge when building something more advanced (ie. spy-bot controlled from mobile device with live video capability over 3G). If You've never built robot before - start with $50 Robot or something similar. $50 Robot does not look sophisticated, however by building it You'll learn many things used to build Your super-duper-kick-ass spy-bot.

Good luck with it  ;)
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 12:06:14 PM »
thanks
   mm... i know how to program mcu and other robotics stuff.. and of course i have done a robot before..it is an autonomous robot to set a appropriate voltage to open a voltage controlled electric valve.,!it required mostly mechanical and programming work..
but i guess u didnt get my point.. wat i m doin now is to control a robot from anywhere ... also i said i m a beginner in computer networks! so i need to know the basics of technology to control such a bot.. as i m new to this i said i couldnt find a best suitable way to control by googling....tats it.. plz help me in this
thank u

Get Your Ad Here