Author Topic: Need help in my transformer robot  (Read 2765 times)

Offline mechaboyTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Need help in my transformer robot
« on: July 09, 2013, 03:27:43 PM »
Hi all, it may seem crazier but i have to tell you that i'm gonna make a transformer robot that we are used to see in Transformer 1,2,3 movies(!)

Actually i know that it's gonna be hard and moreover , i have taken it as my final year project in ME for fullfilling BSc degree.

What i wanna do is, i want to control it using a joystick connected to PC , softwares i wanna use is arduino and processing(i'm proficient with arduino but i'm a newbie in processing). I want to use two arduino boards, one connected to PC and another connected to RObot. I want to use and I have bought lynxmotion ssc 32 servo controller board. i also have 2 xbees and arduino wifi shield. please someone help me in all the communication portion including everything of these interfacing. i will be grateful.

If my description is not good, please just say "details" , i will try to elaborate again.

But please help with either codes, tutorials, sites , books anything.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 03:29:33 PM by mechaboy »

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
Re: Need help in my transformer robot
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 12:39:57 AM »
Actually i know that it's gonna be hard and moreover , i have taken it as my final year project in ME for fullfilling BSc degree.
My advice is to go for something less complicated to build and design, which would leave You more time to write better "in-depth" thesis, because that is what they want for BSc, that is why You have very small time-frame (normally half a year) to do it. But hey-ho, that is Your choise  ;D

Hi all, it may seem crazier but i have to tell you that i'm gonna make a transformer robot that we are used to see in Transformer 1,2,3 movies(!)
To build humanoid robot on its own is quite a challenge, to build anything remotely similar to true transformer at home is next to impossible. Please bear in mind that what You've seen in movie are VFX and actual physical transformations of the like are impossible with current technology. The best real-life transformer I've seen so far is in the video below  ;D

Real Life Transformer

OK OK, there are some that do reassemble a real thing  :)

Real Transformer NO C.G. Upgrade Version -Humvee Bioloid-

I want to use and I have bought lynxmotion ssc 32 servo controller board. i also have 2 xbees and arduino wifi shield. please someone help me in all the communication portion including everything of these interfacing.
--> xbee tutorial
--> arduino wifi shield tutorial
--> arduino usb communication tutorial
--> SSC-32 Manual
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

Offline mechaboyTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 04:39:37 PM »
Hi thank you for your suggestions and those links.
Actually I have gone through them. Any other things that might be helpful??

Offline jwatte

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 82
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 06:24:47 PM »

Offline MrWizard

• Helpful? 0
  • My cylon friend told me a killing joke......
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 02:13:43 AM »
You also can use:

-IronCad
-Draftsight (solidworks) (2d)
-Solid Edge (2d)

Offline jwatte

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 82
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 10:12:42 AM »
The 2D packages are unlikely to help with the "transforming" bit.

The good part about Inventor and the full 3D version of SolidWorks, is that they allow you to build all the pieces, then assemble them to a 3D version, that you can then animate through the transforming stage, to make sure that everything fits and nothing interferes.

Get Your Ad Here