go away spammer

Author Topic: SOLDERING HELP!!!  (Read 1348 times)

Offline vdemonTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
SOLDERING HELP!!!
« on: August 16, 2009, 09:30:56 AM »
 ??? Hey SOR i am new, and i am going to do some soldering but im afraid i might make a mistake and mess everything up. so my question is i make a wrong soldering connection, how do i fix it and and UNSOLDER it!?

Offline blackbeard

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 4
Re: SOLDERING HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 11:26:54 AM »
one easy way is to take a piece of braided wire (the kind with a bunch of strands) and "soak" up the solder. you can also get something called a solder sucker which that will well... suck the solder :P

btw what kind of soldering tools do you have (i.e. wattage of iron, a stand with a wet spunge, tip cleaner, guage of solder wire, solder tip ect.). what kind of work are you doing with it? if it's regular through hole soldering i'd recommend you get a flat tip (which contains more heat energy) a stand of some sort that holds it while you're not using it as well as a solder spunge for cleaning the tip. imo the most common mistake while soldering for the first time is not tining your tip and not keeping it clean causing your work to heat unevenly.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 11:34:18 AM by blackbeard »
"sure, you can test your combat robot on kittens... But all your going to do is make kitten juice"

First step: Build androids with AI
Next step: Give them vaginas

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
  • SoR's Locale Electronics Nut.
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 03:36:31 PM »
solder suckers aren't needed but they help, it depends on the type of bridge.
what i find works well to separate them is to swipe the soldering iron back and forth between the tracks,
of coarse id rather use my solder sucker and some desoldering braid ::)
Howdy

Offline wil.hamilton

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 6
  • rtfm
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 05:40:01 PM »
i love my desoldering iron :P 
its basiaclly a soldering iron with a hollow tip and a thing you can squeeze for suction, be sure you squeeze the thing before you start desoldering less you blow molten solder all over the place, solder wick works well too.

i dont like pumps personally, i think they're hard to use
use the google.  it's your friend.

Get Your Ad Here