Author Topic: Need Help for PID Control!  (Read 1650 times)

Offline arigidTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Need Help for PID Control!
« on: October 28, 2011, 04:10:28 PM »
Hey, I was working on a robot to follow a Line, However i thought of adding the PID Control to it, to make it go more smooth, Can anyone suggest on hold to Calculate the Kp,Kd,Ki Value for my Robot. Thanks!

Offline waltr

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 99
Re: Need Help for PID Control!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 06:16:53 PM »
The PID coefficients are usually determine by trial. Starting with them set to 1 or 0 then working on Kp then Kd then Ki. There are a number of references on going about this. One is in Wikipedia, others are found with Google and also have been several discussion on SoR that you can find with a search.

One thing that helps is being about to measure the control loop's response so that you know how much a change to a coefficient effects the loop. One way to do this is sample at regular time intervals the feed-back value and the output value of the PID control loop then send these out the serial port to a PC. On the PC have a program (can be a terminal program) that writes the values to a file or if you can write the program graph the data value. Or, graph the value written to the file in Excel.

Offline RITESH29

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
Re: Need Help for PID Control!
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 10:50:27 PM »
It is nice to use PID but even i have no idea how to use it...!!

Get Your Ad Here