Author Topic: Servo Mixer/Microcontroller  (Read 1305 times)

Offline merrixsTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Servo Mixer/Microcontroller
« on: October 22, 2010, 12:58:10 PM »
I was hoping someone would be able to help me out, or point me in the right direction if this is not the place for this.  This is not really robotic, but some of you might be knowledgeable with what I am trying to do.
I have a hobby grade 3 channel radio with no channel mixing.  Channel assignments are #1 front steering  #2 throttle  #3 rear steering.  Channel 3 can either be a two or three position switch.  For the purpose of this project I would like to have it be 3 positions.  With the radio set up using the three position switch a servo on that channel will have three holding positions.  Left – Center – Right  This works for basic rear steering, but leaves a little to be desired for precision steering.
What I want to do is use channel 3 to control a selectable onboard vehicle mixer/controller that will allow me to mix my rear steering to channel 1 so that I can choose how I want my rear steer to operate.  Ok let me explain this a little more detailed.  When channel 3 is in position one, I would like my rear wheels to follow my front wheels for a tighter radius.  When channel 3 is in position two, I would like my rear wheels to hold strait so it’s only front wheel steering.  When channel 3 is in position three, I would like my rear wheels to follow my front wheels for crab or diagonal movement.  I hope that makes more sense now.  The other option would be to only use the two position switch and ditch the crab steering.
I have read some about microcontrollers, but do not have any experience with using them or programing them.  I think I would be using a servo signal to choose an mixing setting programed into the controller.  Is something like this even possible?  Would anyone be willing to help me design and build such a unit?
Thanks
Michael

Offline merrixsTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: Servo Mixer/Microcontroller
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 09:09:24 PM »
Nevermind... I found a place to buy exactly what I was trying to make.

Get Your Ad Here