Author Topic: Videos of a few of my old robots  (Read 5216 times)

Offline AdminTopic starter

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Videos of a few of my old robots
« on: June 12, 2007, 06:44:41 PM »
Ive built like 30+ robots in the last 5.5 years since my first . . . but only a 3rd are actually documented . . .

It will probably take another year before I get them all up, but I did however manage to compile some videos of a few of them.

Me and a friend built this remote controlled robot out of lexan in just a few hours back in early 2003.

It was designed to play soccer, but since I lived in Pittsburgh at the time there was also plenty of snow to shovel . . .

[youtube=425,350]mfyPq8tSw7M[/youtube]

Our task was to program two Scout robots to work autonomously as a team in a maze to gather blue objects from the walls.

The videos are from the Mobile Robot Programming Laboratory (taught by Prof Illah Nourbakhsh) competition in December of 2003. Team Pikachu won!

Apologies for the short cuts, digital cameras werent so great back then . . .

[youtube=425,350]bCHjDR3FAgE[/youtube]

Created in May of 2004, my goal of this project was to build a robot that can do realtime 2D mapping accurately while going insanely fast.

It uses two Sharp IR rangefinders on a scanning servo to generate a 2D map using a PIC16F877.

In the last scene, you will hear the really loud DC motors on the treaded chassis. I didnt realize it at the time, but the reason it kept spinning clockwise was because a sensor had a loose connection making it work only sometimes. Despite the bad sensor data, it still had zero collisions!

[youtube=425,350]iQkY68h63X8[/youtube]

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: Videos of a few of my old robots
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 07:02:40 PM »
Oops I forgot to post one! The most important one of them all!!!!!

My VERY first robot!

Back in 2002 I attempted to build my very first robot. It never really worked, but it was that one great educational experience that started my career in robotics.

[youtube=425,350]A2MlDpTxsbs[/youtube]

Offline Hal9000

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 04:14:37 AM »
Hey these are really cool videos. I especially like the shoving mechanism in the first video. Very well thought out.
"The truth is, you can't hide from the truth, cos the truth is all there is" - Handsome Boy Modeling School

Offline maverick monk

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 10:12:57 AM »
realy nice evenly mesured sprocket on the taurus. lol, loved the hyper squirrel. i wanna see a vid of carpet monkey it looks awsome

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 10:24:26 AM »
i wanna see a vid of carpet monkey it looks awsome
Carpet Monkey v5 is about 90% done, so you should see a video on it not too far in the future ;)

Offline iNFINITE

• Helpful? 0
    • iNTBOTS.iNFO | My Homepage
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 06:44:35 AM »
really nice works...

Can you give more details on that scout robot solving the maze. How is it solving the maze? -based on video from the webcam or on the sonars(i guess) attached with that bot or both,and other details..

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 07:30:24 AM »
The scout robot uses 16 sonar and 2 quadrature encoders to update its position. The camera just looks for the blue objects.

Offline megaman935

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 03:01:51 PM »
Are there any walkthroughs for soccer robots? :P

Get Your Ad Here

data_list