go away spammer

Author Topic: Using an L293 as a H-Brigde  (Read 2000 times)

Offline wanyTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Using an L293 as a H-Brigde
« on: November 29, 2010, 12:20:53 AM »
So i am just wondering i seen circuit where people use LM293 as an H-Bridge to drive motor.
I am just wondering how to Hook up the L293 to do this. I have an idea but i am a bit uncertain and i just want to verify.
http://www.robotshop.ca/content/PDF/dfrobotshop-rover-schematic.pdf

This is a link to a Ardurio board hooked up with a L293.  Where do you apply the PWM to which PIN.
Yes as you can tell i am bit confused I see it has two inputs i am guessing on inverting input and one is not.

So where do i apply the PWM pin D8 and D7 right. and I just drive pin D5 and D6 high. But then how do i get it to do the reverse. Yes i am pretty sure i have the idea behind this wrong since doesn't make much sense.
So please explain.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 12:25:59 AM by wany »

Offline billhowl

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 32
  • Your success is in your hands.
Re: Using an L293 as a H-Brigde
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 12:54:39 AM »

To apply the PWM from PIN D5 and D6 to ENA and ENB of L293, these two pins are for Enable H-Bridge.
The pin D7 and D8 are for direction change.

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: Using an L293 as a H-Brigde
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 01:20:08 PM »
Hi,

To apply the PWM from PIN D5 and D6 to ENA and ENB of L293, these two pins are for Enable H-Bridge.
Enable inputs shouldn't be used for PWM, since they're slower shifting - the drive signals should be the PWM signals.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Get Your Ad Here