Author Topic: Having trouble with my $50 robot using breadboard.  (Read 1414 times)

Offline baril27Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Having trouble with my $50 robot using breadboard.
« on: November 03, 2009, 01:41:28 AM »
I am trying to build my first robot and I'm using a breadboard. Cant seem to figure out how to wire this thing up. If someone could give me a little help or post a pic of a wired breadboard that would be great.

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
  • SoR's Locale Electronics Nut.
Re: Having trouble with my $50 robot using breadboard.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 02:05:52 AM »
I take it you cant read a schematic?
Pretty much you would have the atmega in the middle somewhere, where it would fit.
You would have the headers in line with the I/O pins, as with the pc board version.
Do you understand the basics of what goes to which pin on the atmega8? Do this first and it will help greatly!
Howdy

Offline ozbot

• Helpful? 1
Re: Having trouble with my $50 robot using breadboard.
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 05:49:24 AM »
Do you have experience using breadboards/electronics for other projects?  Perhaps it would help to draw a schematic from the colour coded diagram on page 3b of the $50 robot -tut, then translate it to a breadboard.  The main problem placement-wise that I see is the placement of the headers (physical pin connectors) as they need to be connected lengthways for the two outer lines and vertically for the I/O connection, if you get my  drift.  You might have to get creative if the breadboard does not cater for that arrangement.....
I was so disappointed to learn that half the people I know are under average........but the other half more than make up for it.