Author Topic: Fixed wing aircraft: Airframe, propeller, etc design  (Read 1954 times)

Offline jonagikTopic starter

• Helpful? 1
Fixed wing aircraft: Airframe, propeller, etc design
« on: August 21, 2011, 06:42:43 PM »
Hi,

I'm looking to learn about airframe, propeller, etc design for a fixed wing aircraft. Unfortunately my searches have yielded little useful information.

I'm a first year engineering student (looking to go into electrical engineering) and want to learn about these concepts to a reasonably high level, rather than just to a hobby level.

Is anyone able to point me in the direction of some good resources? Online would be preferable (and I have access to journals through my University) but books and the like are acceptable.

Thanks in advance.

Offline waltr

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 99
Re: Fixed wing aircraft: Airframe, propeller, etc design
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 08:41:07 PM »
I learned through many sources years ago (before the Internet) and have a collection of books on Model Aeronautics with some of them in German. A source could be from the Academy of Model Aeronautics: www.modelaircraft.org/

The only difference between a model and a full scale aircraft is the size and weight. All of the Laws of Physics apply to both so any detailed info on Model aircraft design applies.

NASA has some info that looks pretty good at: http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/K-12/airplane/bga.html

You may have better luck on in-depth info from your college library than the Internet.
Here are some terms that might be useful in google searches:
Aeronautics
aerodynamics
Model aircraft
Model rockets

And Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerodynamics
as a starting place, there are many references on that page.

Offline jonagikTopic starter

• Helpful? 1
Re: Fixed wing aircraft: Airframe, propeller, etc design
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 08:49:56 PM »
Thanks

Get Your Ad Here