Author Topic: Sabertooth RC  (Read 2062 times)

Offline doctorflashTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Sabertooth RC
« on: September 30, 2013, 10:00:00 AM »
Hey, guys. I'm trying to hook up an RC receiver to my Sabertooth 2x25 motor controller.
I was looking at thishttp://www.nitroplanes.com/79p-ct6b-r6b-radiosystem.html?gclid=CIuRw4e887kCFaNaMgodoHAADg RC transmitter/receiver.
I was a little bit confused by it's description, because it looks like I need to program it before I can use it.
Just wondering if the motor controller and the receiver were compatible. Thanks!

Offline Tommy

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 3
Re: Sabertooth RC
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 07:02:46 PM »
Just wondering if the motor controller and the receiver were compatible.
doctorflash, While I have not used the sabertooth in an RC mode(just Analog and RS232C),
but that seems to be a standard RC transmitter/Receiver combination and should work.
I was a little bit confused by it's description, because it looks like I need to program it before I can use it. 
because the sabertooth can do the mixing(if needed) programming may not be needed, but to optimize the unit(transmitter) you may be required to program it(change settings).

Tommy

Offline Kohanbash

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 1
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 01:39:17 PM »
I used the sabertooth a few years ago with an RC controller and it worked well with no programming required.
Robots for Roboticists Blog - http://robotsforroboticists.com/

Offline Sitherus

• Helpful? 1
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 01:05:46 PM »
believe it or not thats the same transmitter i use for my lawnmowerbot it works for me just make sure your 2x25 is in rc mode plug the positive into the 5v port and the gnd into the gnd the plug the channels into s1 and s2 they work i did have trouble with the power though so i use an external scource and dont hook up the positive

Get Your Ad Here

data_list