Author Topic: attach a wheel  (Read 1766 times)

Offline SitherusTopic starter

• Helpful? 1
attach a wheel
« on: October 23, 2013, 10:56:13 PM »
I am planning on building a robot and right now i am focusing on the chassis and I am having a problem with mounting I have a wheel/tire and Im planning on buying this>> motor http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/261259654914?lpid=82
and im using a tire i will post a picture with reference to size I dont at this moment know if its possible to attach this motor to this wheel it has a rotation ring in it so it can spin freely i dont generally know how to attach any wheel to any motor and make it spin so I would like some help... I dont know if this is the right section I dont know if i am allowed to post links to other sites (Ignorance to the rules is no exception to them) sorry...
If anyone could help me with this I thank you in advance...

• Helpful? 1
Re: attach a wheel
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 11:07:51 PM »
here is the wheel
http://postimg.org/image/yabjsxidf/ee57ac17/
the bmp file was too big to upload to this site.
Once again my ignorance to the rules is no expception to them i will get around to reading them thoroughly later.

Offline waltr

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 99
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 08:55:05 AM »
What is your Bot's weight?
What is the radial load capacity of the gear box output shaft?
Very likely the gear box output shaft will NOT support the weight of the robot so you will need a shaft and bearing for the wheel then couple the gear motor.

• Helpful? 1
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 12:54:23 PM »
like this? http://bit.ly/17hp4d1? what do you mean my wheel has a bearing built in my robot so far with everything will weigh 50lbs the tires are rated to support 250 and my back caster will support 275lbs. i dont want to do chain drive it makes too much noise

Offline jwatte

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 82
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 01:46:17 PM »
If your wheel has a bearing around the shaft, then turning the shaft with the motor won't make the robot go.
Also, that bearing de-couples the wheel from the chassis, but what you want to do is to de-couple the chassis from the motor.

• Helpful? 1
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 02:21:43 AM »
I was thinking since the motor has one flat side i could drill a hole in my wheels shaft and put a bolt in there on the flat side of the motor to make the whole thing spin. Simply attaching it like you wouls a christmas tree to a christmas tree stand

Offline jwatte

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 82
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 12:35:03 PM »
That makes the bearing in the wheel do nothing for you. Also, depending on the dimensions of the wheel, the bearing may be in the way of the set screw hole you're making.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list