go away spammer

Author Topic: axeleromiter problems  (Read 2016 times)

Offline SitherusTopic starter

• Helpful? 1
axeleromiter problems
« on: November 06, 2013, 03:45:53 AM »
ok so i have begun to work on my self balancing robot and am using a sabertooth motor board and arduino micro board and proto sheild for trim im in the process of making it balance  for this i will be using someone elses code i was told that the code would work with the spark fun 5dof but i cant seem to find anyone selling them any where legitimately so i found this http://bit.ly/1cQ8qis it has all the same features but quadruples the price that is the cheapist ive seen it and idk if its real or not. What i want to know is twhat is the difference between 9dof 10dof 11dof 6dof and the super expensive 5dof compared they seem to have more features with more dof but less acuracy this is way over my head ive reached my boundries im a builder not a programmer... if i get say a 9dof will it affect my design? also i know this is one big runn on sentence and bad spelling its 5am i havent slept yet been working on the nbot please help me thanks

Offline jwatte

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 82
Re: axeleromiter problems
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 10:56:12 AM »
A 9 DOF sensor has three sensors: gyro, accelerometer, magnetometer, each with all three axes sensing.
On the cheaper ones, you actually just get the three chips and have to talk to each one yourself.
In your case, if you only need to worry about 5 axes, you could just ignore the magnetometer, and ignore one of the axes from one of the other chips, to get the same kind of input as you'd get from a 5 DOF sensor based on accelerometer and gyro (I'm assuming that's what it is -- specifying this clearly would help.)

Offline johnwarfin

• Helpful? 3
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 12:35:18 PM »
what you need is mpu6050 module (6dof not 5dof). they are by far best performing gyro/accel on the market and cheaper than just about any 3dof at $3 and change shipped:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-X-5PCS-LOT-GY-521-MPU-6050-Module-3-Axis-analog-gyro-sensors-3/804445809.html

Offline SitherusTopic starter

• Helpful? 1
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 11:13:12 PM »
what you need is mpu6050 module (6dof not 5dof). they are by far best performing gyro/accel on the market and cheaper than just about any 3dof at $3 and change shipped:

will this work for a larger bot and arduion i need it to be compatable with this code http://www.instructables.com/files/orig/F6S/Z50M/GZ0JI60O/F6SZ50MGZ0JI60O.txt

Offline johnwarfin

• Helpful? 3
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 10:53:20 AM »
size of robot has nothing to do with sensors used. that program appears to be poorly documented in that gyro and accel are mentioned many times but brief review shows no reference as to which part is actually used. mpu6050 is a VERY popular arduino choice and well supported but for your particular app idk. maybe youll just have to throw money at the problem.

personally id love to see a simple diy balancer using 6050.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list