go away spammer

Author Topic: Traffic monitoring/prediction using a distributed blackfin camera network  (Read 2504 times)

Offline shikharTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
I want to make a Traffic monitoring/prediction system using a distributed blackfin camera network which needs to detect moving and stationary vehicles and perform some calculations on it . How can i use blackfin to  capture the image , process it and give me the no of vehicles and moving vehicles on the road. Most of the projects that I find related to Blackfin are color tracking ones. I need in this project blackfin camera to process the intensity variation and give me interest points. Can anyone guide me how can I can the required output from the camera and also do I have to program the DSP chip also. If yes then how?

Offline jwatte

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 82
If you are doing this for work: You are in my opinion not qualified to actually succeed in this project. Please tell whomever told you to do this project that you are not the right person, and give them their money back.
If you are doing this for education: Please check with your advisor, as he/she should already have the necessary knowledge.

• Helpful? 0
Yea I am doing it for education purpose and since I am out of any help that is why I am posting in this form. Can you give me any knowledge at all? Can you atleast suggest me where to start .

• Helpful? 0
Does that mean I cant buy a new blackfin camera at all?? Sorry to hear about Howard Gordon  :'( . If i cannot use this camera due to unavailability so can you suggest any other alternatives?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
As you may or not know, hgordon passed away. The purchase section for the Blackfin website has been down for a very long time, so I suspect it's no longer for sale. Very unfortunate  :'(

You might be able to find a used Blackfin.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
I combined your/my post from a previous thread to here. Keeping everything in one thread is a good thing.

Roborealm can do traffic monitoring, but requires a computer.

There is also the CMUcam.

• Helpful? 0
Yea I did go through CMU but it came to my knowledge that it cannot be used to compare two frames and I also dropped mail to some people who suggested me to go with blackfin as CMU is not capable of meeting my requirements. Can you tell me what is the output given by a blackfin to its dsp filter??

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
I think you are confused what these cameras do.

The Blackfin, CMUcam (not CMU), etc. are cameras combined with built-in image processing. You command it to process what you want to know, it does it, then tells you the result.

All cameras process only one frame. But if you record the result after each frame, you then can generate a frame by frame comparison in your own software.

The datasheets for each of these cameras tell you what input commands and output data you will get.

Roborealm generally works in the same way, but uses your computer instead of a built-in dedicated chip on the camera itself.

• Helpful? 0
Ok so I am looking to work with Blackfin only as the processor is stronger . And as of now I am concentrating on the output provided to the filter so can you help me with that?
Thankyou by the way

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
And as of now I am concentrating on the output provided to the filter so can you help me with that?
yes

But please read the online manual for the Blackfin first :P

• Helpful? 0
Could you give me the link?? and also whats is the output ??

Regards

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Could you give me the link?? and also whats is the output ??

Very first result in google:
http://www.surveyor.com/blackfin/

;) :P

Get Your Ad Here

data_list