Author Topic: axon2 backorder  (Read 6981 times)

Offline enekux

• Helpful? 0
Re: axon2 backorder
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2010, 09:27:14 AM »
uauu!!?? What a soap opera man! Even with happy ending! That's great! Congratulations!

Save one of those for me please... ;)

Happy Holidays (for the ones that have of course)

...for the others? Cheer up and keep going!!

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2010, 06:25:16 PM »
I just got this email 18 minutes ago . . .

Your order is shipping today.

This time they charged my account, without a hitch . . . but they still haven't given me a tracking number for the shipment yet . . .

edit: There was a hitch . . . they overcharged me 35% more than the contract . . . blaaahhh lets see how long it takes for them to find the accounting error . . . :-X
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 06:46:41 PM by Admin »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2010, 09:14:59 PM »
I *think* the overcharge issue has been resolved . . .
Thanks John. I just forwarded it to my accounting. I will be in touch!

So then I inquired about the tracking number again, and got this . . .
Just missed the window for shipping today. Will ship tomorrow overnight.

In other news, I still haven't gotten any of my parts back from my previous manufacturer . . . I'm considering pursuing them in a small claims court . . . anyone here a lawyer? :-X

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2010, 06:37:21 PM »
The overcharge was resolved, but only after they charged me that huge amount. They then canceled the charge in full, and tried to re-charge me the correct amount.

Well, my bank apparently didn't like all those huge strange charges to my account, so it's now denying the full amount from being charged. Not sure when my bank will figure it out . . .

Anyway, my manufacturer won't ship anything until after the charges go through, so nothing has been shipped yet :(

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2011, 01:17:36 PM »
update . . .

Apparently Mastercard freaked out with these mysterious big charges and blocked further transactions until I gave them a call . . . completely locked my account . . . they really should notify customers ya know?

Anyway, the charges went through correctly this time, and my manufacturer gave me a tracking number saying they ship today.

As before, I'm going to stay pessimistic until its actually in my hands. Given that I'm 14 months behind schedule, I'm expecting a freak tornado to wipe out the shipment lol :-X

Offline Crunchy Theory

• Helpful? 0
  • "Well great is ok, but amazing would be great."
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2011, 02:00:28 PM »
Hopefully you have a lot on the way... I don't want them to be sold out again before I can get my hands on one!
The only way to top an upright screen, keyboard, and mouse is to eliminate the need for humans to touch a PC at all. Oh, hello there Mr. Robot... what would I like you to do, you ask?

Offline Asellith

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 9
  • "I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar"
    • CorSec Engineering
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2011, 03:13:28 PM »
I'm in a similar situation I hate have people begging for product and I can't do anything about it because my supplier is failing me. Its like watching money fall out of your pocket...
Jonathan Bowen
CorSec Engineering
www.corseceng.com

Offline enekux

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2011, 03:11:54 AM »
Hehehe!!
Cheer up man! Looks like there is light at the end of the tunnel   ;)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2011, 08:11:53 AM »
I just looked up the tracking number and the last status is:
"01/05/2011   6:57 A.M.   Out For Delivery"

Fingers crossed!

If I get it today, and absolutely nothing else goes wrong, it means I ship out Friday!

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2011, 10:06:44 AM »
wtf . . . I was home the entire time, no phone calls, no notes on my door . . .

01/05/2011   9:42 A.M.   The customer was not available on the 1st attempt. A 2nd attempt will be made.
Schedule Delivery Updated To:
Thursday, 01/06/2011 , 10:30 A.M.

I'm still waiting for that freak tornado to add more delays . . .

Offline CalamariDudeMan

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2011, 10:40:39 AM »
Maybe double-check the shipping address?  Heaven forbid that they're trying to deliver it to the wrong place  >.<

Way to be a champ through all this though.  I'm excited to get my Axon, the anticipation is killing me!

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2011, 11:15:40 AM »
got some bad news . . .

So I called up UPS to discuss the problem. I then watched out my window like a lonely puppy that missed his master.

Saw the UPS truck drive by . . . ran outside half dressed 'cause I just finished my shower . . . and got the packages.

I then opened it up . . . tested a unit . . . and . . . wait for it . . . waaaiiiittt fffoooorrr iitttt . . . IT WORKS!!!

So, *I ship your Axon II out on Friday morning*.

The bad news is that you probably won't have it in your hands until Tuesday or Wednesday next week :P

(so glad the nightmare is over . . . well . . . except my previous manufacture still hasn't returned anything)

FYI - If you've been putting off ordering an Axon II until this was resolved, get your orders in by tonight to be included in this weeks shipment. Otherwise you'll have to wait another week :P

Offline enekux

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2011, 08:37:34 AM »
Congratulations  ;D

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2011, 04:55:43 PM »
Good news and bad news . . .

I finally got my parts returned (well, I didn't count, but it looks right). Calling up the manufacturers mom on a weekly basis for months did the trick :P

That, and the last time I called her I said "I'm considering taking legal action, I'd rather not, but the value of the parts is much greater than the cost of legal action."

The bad news is that I already spent thousands replacing everything, lost sales, and probably need to spend another thousand repairing all the damaged Axons they sent me . . . so it's still a loss. :-X

In other news, I got what looks like about $50 of mysterious parts that aren't mine in the same box. Probably from another customer of my ex-manufacturer . . . if you can name the parts, it's yours. You got about 6 months to claim it before I give it away/sell it :P

Now for the name and shame . . . the guys name is James Long and the now defunct company name was Lil Brother LLC. His UPS account is 350R22  Lil Brother LLC. I wouldn't trust this man, he'll always tell you what you want to hear then not actually do it. He always had an excuse for everything, but mostly just never returned phone calls or emails. I only called once a week.

I have his cell phone number and email (he doesn't answer either), and his mom's address and phone number (a very nice lady). I won't make that public as I'm still a nice guy, but if you need it to pursue you're lost parts send me an email.

Offline thx123

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2011, 07:43:50 PM »
Well in the least you got the parts back, which is a good thing. I was starting to wonder if you would ever see the parts after not being able to contact him.

I have sort of an idea, you mentioned damaged Axon's, depending on what needs to be repaired, what about selling them as-is? I have a decent SMD re-work station as well as other tools for replacing/repairing electronics and wouldn't mind buying a few just to work on..

Let me know

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2011, 07:53:59 PM »
I have sort of an idea, you mentioned damaged Axon's, depending on what needs to be repaired, what about selling them as-is? I have a decent SMD re-work station as well as other tools for replacing/repairing electronics and wouldn't mind buying a few just to work on.
Well, I was planning to hire a company to rework them. It's about 130 units (I just counted), so I figure it'll cost me ~$5 to $10 each. The 640 chip in the center has a ton of solder bridges and not enough solder on other pins. Unless you really enjoy reworking boards, I'd rather just sell you a fully working, tested, and bootloader programmed Axon II :P

Offline codestar

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2011, 08:00:24 PM »
edit: previous post was stupid... Didn't read the other posts, sorry for being a fool.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 09:25:12 PM by codestar »

Offline TrickyNekro

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
  • Hardware and Firmware Designer
    • The Hellinic Robots Portal
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2011, 09:04:49 PM »
I have sort of an idea, you mentioned damaged Axon's, depending on what needs to be repaired, what about selling them as-is? I have a decent SMD re-work station as well as other tools for replacing/repairing electronics and wouldn't mind buying a few just to work on.
Well, I was planning to hire a company to rework them. It's about 130 units (I just counted), so I figure it'll cost me ~$5 to $10 each. The 640 chip in the center has a ton of solder bridges and not enough solder on other pins. Unless you really enjoy reworking boards, I'd rather just sell you a fully working, tested, and bootloader programmed Axon II :P

Are you considering sending one bad soldered axon 2.... I just got my hot air station and I'm good at repairs... :-DDD

And I only consider paypal payment ;-)

I'm just trying to hit a discount here... Maybe desolder and use the parts elsewhere... 7seg looks nice and the atmega on the center too :-p
For whom the interrupts toll...

Offline thx123

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2011, 07:32:25 AM »

I can understand that, just wanted to throw that idea out there, i've re-worked some pretty sad electronics boards, ones where a microscope really helps :)

Get Your Ad Here

data_list