Author Topic: My first robot - line follower  (Read 1772 times)

Offline stewazyTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
My first robot - line follower
« on: April 05, 2013, 01:56:22 AM »
Hello, I'm trying to make a line follower robot with a microcontroller arduino uno, im a total newbie in applied electronics, im building a robot from scratch, i need parts and tools. I found a fiew schematics online for microcontroller and motor connection i will be using 2 DC motors from a fan or something old, but now i dont know with sensor to take and what logic to use for the line following. Can you guys suggest a sensor and how to make it and how to connect it with a microcontroller. Thank you for the answer in advance :)

Offline ErikY

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
Re: My first robot - line follower
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 06:48:21 AM »
Ive done a line follower with a phototransistor.

I used this one, which has the IR and the phototransistor combined which is very convenient, but not necessary:

http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=TCRT5000Lvirtualkey61370000virtualkey782-TCRT5000L

You really need to use multiple phototransistor/IR sensors so that you can have enough control.

I used 5 of them, and my code was all about constantly trying to get the line in the center, by checking the values of the phototransistors and turning left or right appropriately.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list