Author Topic: question about axon  (Read 1648 times)

Offline blackbeardTopic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 4
question about axon
« on: August 31, 2010, 06:30:06 AM »
one thing i have been wondering for some time is this. does the axon use a bootloader in the same way as the arduino or is it the axon more like a carrier board for the atmel chip contained on it? from what i've read it seems more advanced a learning curve yet also more capable much like a standalone atmega chip.
"sure, you can test your combat robot on kittens... But all your going to do is make kitten juice"

First step: Build androids with AI
Next step: Give them vaginas

Offline Razor Concepts

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 53
    • RazorConcepts
Re: question about axon
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 06:44:56 AM »
It works the same way as the arduino

The cp2102 is like the ft232 but better

Offline blackbeardTopic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 4
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 07:18:17 AM »
It works the same way as the arduino

The cp2102 is like the ft232 but better

at risk of sounding like a dummy the ft232 is the serial to usb converter isn't it? so i guess what i'm really wondering is that since the arduino has it's own ide that's generally a simplified C made possible by the arduino boot loader which from what i understand is on the atmel chip it's self, does the axon use something similar?
"sure, you can test your combat robot on kittens... But all your going to do is make kitten juice"

First step: Build androids with AI
Next step: Give them vaginas

Offline Razor Concepts

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 53
    • RazorConcepts
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 07:50:55 AM »
The bootloader just reads a hex file from serial and flashes that into its memory. The arduini program on the computer, it first compiles the simple code into real machine hex code, and that hex code is sent throough serial to the bootloader. So really the bootloader doesnt hve much to do with it

data_list